News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Airline Manager Scenario

Started by Don, March 04, 2014, 06:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don

I would love to play a scenario where there are a dozen or more cities that can only be served by air (other forms of transport X'd out).  The cities would have to be large enough to drive demand for moving passengers.  Some would have more business and other more tourists.  Doable?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Would still have to get the passengers from the various parts of the city to the airports, unless you edited config files to make station coverage very large. And would require editing pak menus to remove various options - but easier to self-restrict and just say "I won't use trains on this map", I'd think.

eipi

Using simuconf.tab, station coverage cannot be larger than 8 (if I remember correctly). I once edited the value using a debugger while the game was running, ending up with a station coverage of 50  8)

What I'm trying to say is that Simutrans currently imposes a limit on how large station coverage can be. You'll still have to resort to trams or buses to move the people to and from the airport, except maybe for very small cities.

saaws

It's funny, because I actually made the USA 5120x3276 map exactly for this. Actually, besides editing the size of the station coverage, you can 'cheat' by extending your airport's coverage by putting Parking 'stations' (this is under the road menu. storage size 64).

The one airport 'station' covers both cities

In this screenshot I was lazy so i didn't remove any parking, but as long as they all share same station, once they are extended out you can remove parkings here and there while maintainging same station coverage.

This is the main hub for my company

This is my route map.