News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Power lines over water

Started by Yona-TYT, March 09, 2014, 11:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yona-TYT

The pictures speak for themselves.

isidoro

Isn't that possible in reality (shallow waters)?

Yona-TYT

Quote from: isidoro on March 09, 2014, 11:37:27 PM
Isn't that possible in reality (shallow waters)?

Actually yes, but this does not apply in simutrans. :P

Ters

I seem to recall a discussion about being able to build ways (of which power lines is a kind) directly on shallow water.

What I find more worrying is that the powerline descends into a hole without a slope. Might have something to do with double-height slopes and water level, which was also recently discussed.

Yona-TYT

I support power lines on shallow water

Would be interesting... :thumbsup:

prissi

The only powerline in water is after lowering two levels. Really, the up/down tool should not work on powerline tiles (similar to other ways).

kierongreen

I can't reproduce the error in the last screenshot now. Anyone still having problems with this?

prissi

It works as long as the powerline has two slope levels (pak128.britain has not it seems). It does not happen with ways. However, with 16 steps per slope this create an inaccessible slope.

kierongreen

pak128.Britain has two slope levels for power lines. Inaccessible slopes are a problem in general for 16 steps per slope aren't they?

prissi

I got a water slope in pak64, but I failed to be able to reproduce this.

And yes, inacessible slopes (no coordinates shown in ifno bar) are something to think off. Maybe if nothing is found for the cursor the mean to the surround area must be assumed.