News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Timeline of engines

Started by suf, March 17, 2014, 08:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suf

As a big fan of trains (and transportation games in general), I am doing some research on the popular transportation engines used over time, and I feel like a lot of effort has already been put into this for the Simutrans series. Reason for this is so that I can get a better understanding on what the transportation options were and how they changed over time. I'm trying to summarize the history of transportation like "between 1830 and 1840 freight was mosty transported with slow but cheap 25mph engines".

Is there a comprehensive list of all train engines available over time together with their characteristics? I'm only interested in the data already available in Simutrans Experimental and the Pak128.Britain (years available, buy and running costs, max speed, HP). I really love the game but I can't afford the time to play it start to finish just to get these values.

Any help would be much appreciated.

jamespetts

By "all train engines available over time", I assume that you mean the ones in the game? The best thing to do to see this is just start a new game with the timeline disabled: all vehicles from all eras will then be available at once.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

suf

Yes, the trans in the game. Now that you mention it, playing with timeline disabled is really obvious :) Thanks