News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Routing Problems with Waypoints

Started by benste, March 20, 2014, 06:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benste

Hi,  :police:

don't know for sure that i'm not doing something wrong, but i kinda have a problem that some trains don't do the routing to their waypoints but to their final destinations stations and out of pure luck (due to my track system) miss the waypoint by 1 tile and get stuck with 100% out of 0% in the destination station officialy searching the way to the waypoint.

I'll attach a savegame, i already removed lots of these waypoints in the "Bern" area, but still had one which shut down most of my network at 53,54,-16

i'd appreciate if you could have a look at it, i have the feeling this only happened since the latest nightly upgrade i did
I don't know if its a bug or not

using latest nightly 112r7096 and pak128.open.r1391
http://ubuntuone.com/76SZgrfc9CDRpYWY393Fu5

benste

same at 379,59,-12
the busses are waiting for a waypoint in the station, similar thing at multiple spots, actually with this spot i can confirm the issue only started when using the latest nightly

benste

same at 345,376,-18 - basically i end up beeing forced to remove the waypoints

prissi

Waypoints after rotation should work again.

Train-catcher

Quote from: prissi on March 25, 2014, 11:27:07 PM
Waypoints after rotation should work again.
It won't work even if you start a new game.

It seemes that a waypoint unites with an adjacent stop, but it causes an incorrect behaviour: a shedule pointer is still points on waypoint, but the convoi has stopped on the adjacent halt and trying to unload (it's state is "loading x%->0%") but it is unable to do, so convoi stays there forever. See pic. for the illustration.
To reproduce: make a shedule for a road convoi where should exist a waypoint and a stop just next to it. And the convoi must go straight through the waypoint (must not turn around at this waypoint). Tested on [r7119].
B.t.w, try to rotate map when a convoi has just locked. You could see (on some isometric views) that a convoi is situated on the waypoint not on halt.
The lock should be corrected; a waypoint should not unites with any stops to give to player an opportunity to make convois passing required roads without stopping on the needless halts.

Ters

What makes you think a waypoint has merged with a stop? The two red tiles in your image is two different entries in the schedule (2 and 3), one of which is correctly marked as the currently selected in the list.

Train-catcher

Quote from: Ters on March 27, 2014, 05:24:02 PM
What makes you think a waypoint has merged with a stop? The two red tiles in your image is two different entries in the schedule (2 and 3), one of which is correctly marked as the currently selected in the list.

Yes, but while the currently selected is the waypoint, bus is situated on the neighbouring bus stop!

I've just made a savegame for demonstrating it.
It requires pak128.open.r1391 (download here http://simutrans-germany.com/stn/Download.php?d=2243) and the latest nightly build of simutrans (was tested on sim-wingdi.exe).
Unzip it into yours savegame folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4911zdgwj2m65nn/halt_bug.7z

Ters

Quote from: Train-catcher on March 27, 2014, 06:14:51 PM
Yes, but while the currently selected is the waypoint, bus is situated on the neighbouring bus stop!

That's how my waiting for 0% load bug behaved as well. My impression is that there is nothing wrong with the waypoint, just with where the vehicle thinks it is in it's schedule.

Train-catcher

Quote from: Ters on March 27, 2014, 06:33:42 PM
That's how my waiting for 0% load bug behaved as well. My impression is that there is nothing wrong with the waypoint, just with where the vehicle thinks it is in it's schedule.
Maybe you're right, but this is the bug, and it should be considered by dev.team=)

Ters

I'm sure prissi takes this seriously, but this bug might be difficult to catch in the act. It's easy to see the resulting corruption, but that does not give much clue as to how the game got into that mess. (There's a bug at work that has haunted our users, one in particular, for years. But we have never figured out how it happens. It doesn't help that we were barking up the wrong tree for a while.)

If only one day we didn't have to actually rotate the map. My previous attempt at something that would eliminate that need hit a brick wall.

prissi

I could not produce any stuck convoi. Even though the code (apart from the rotation of waypoints some time ago) was not touched.