News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

error (str RDWR <i8> </ s>) to open the saved game

Started by sheldon_cooper, March 23, 2014, 06:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheldon_cooper

My simutrans is pak128 version 1.0.0. This error only occurs when I try to open my saved game. ???

prissi

One need a savegame to debug this. But did you save as XML and edited the file? Then you probably deleted a line too many.

sheldon_cooper

I just saved the game, I did not move anything! In no files, nothing. I closed the game and turned off my computer.
Now do not want to open more! :-[

An_dz

Have you saved it with a newer version of Simutrans than the one you are running?

Dwachs

Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

To the other developers: I find it curious that it's confused between <​i8> and <​/s>, and not <​i8> and <​s>.

prissi

is not used, since writing </s into a text field would break it.

rader_xml_number has some wrongly labled error messages, which probably triggered this.

sheldon_cooper

Quote from: An_dz on March 25, 2014, 12:20:23 AM
Have you saved it with a newer version of Simutrans than the one you are running?
Not! Always used version 111.0. Recently, I downloaded version 112.3, but still playing the version 111.0. Will be that the new version I downloaded, this interferes with the saved game?
Quote from: Dwachs on March 25, 2014, 06:58:23 PM
Could you upload the savegame?
I don't know. I think so ???

Ters

Quote from: sheldon_cooper on March 25, 2014, 11:49:13 PM
Will be that the new version I downloaded, this interferes with the saved game?

Not unless you at least open the game. Then you either need to save, or have automatic saving enabled (if that feature is indeed available).

Dwachs

Quote from: sheldon_cooper on March 25, 2014, 11:49:13 PM
Not! Always used version 111.0. Recently, I downloaded version 112.3, but still playing the version 111.0. Will be that the new version I downloaded, this interferes with the saved game?I don't know. I think so ???
If you load the savegame with the new version, then save it there, you cannot use it anymore with the old version.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

prissi

I see that using html elements killed my reply almost completely.

<string> is not used in any newer versions.

Also there was never a release with XML saving as default. But, if you load your game in a new version, you need to save it then as an older version, if you want to go back. So, open the game in the new version, open new wold, go to setting and change the savegame version to 110.0. Then close all dialogues and save you game with a different name. Now the old version will load it again.

sheldon_cooper

I did not save the game in version 112.3, I just did download this new version. Until I tried to open my saved game in the new version, but not April then proceeded to play my old version. That is, in no time I saved the game in the new version. What I really wanted to know, is that when I downloaded and installed the version 112.3, this does not interfere with the old version 111.0.

prissi

It should not apart from one thing: You may need to delete your settings.xml and default.sve in you My Document/Simutrans folder before simutrans starts. Most versions will detect a too new file and just use defaults then.

sheldon_cooper

First, wanted to thank everyone for trying to help! :)
Prissi, I did what you said, but it still fails. Default.sve deleted the file, and then open the game, but still giving the same problem.
But ... the settings.xml file is not in the Document / Simutrans folder. Strange, no? ???

An_dz

It seems that only uploading the save we can investigate what may be wrong.