News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

More filters and sorting in the depot

Started by Ves, March 24, 2014, 09:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ves

I feel like Im bombarding you with suggestions :)

I think it could be handsome to have some more filters and sorting options in the depot. Im not actualy sure how the vehicles are sorted at the moment, but in some way it does not always feel intuitive. If the player could sort the vehicles, the player would get a much better overview.

Some examples could be:

Sort vehicles by:
Name
Price
Load
running cost
weight
Comfort
Year

My second suggestion:
I always feel confused when Im about to choose a convoy in the british pakset, due to the different liverys existing. The pakset has been given different vehicles names (LNER, GWR etc) directly in the vehiclename in order to make one know which car belongs to which company. Combined with some cars actually having different textures when choosing the livery and there are many liverys to choose from. And lastely, add that some liveries have more than one variation of a train, (LNER and LNER(Streamlined)) but yet in the same dropdownbox, makes me almost always loose the overview how to assemble a 'correct convoy'.

With the creation of a Nordic pak in mind, which in the absolute best (and very, very far) case would include several countries, with many companies which also have some different variations of the same vehicles, I could only imagine what mess it would create in the depot window and the livery list :o

Could there maybe be a way to filter vehicles by livery, showing only the vehicles of that particular livery? Maybe even several filters so you can make some kind of variations to the same livery, or in our case, make different countries as 'liveries' yet to keep companies as 'subliveries'.

Filters:
Freight
Livery -> Sublivery -> Subsublivery

I realize that this second suggestion might require that the DAT-files have to be edited in some way.
But I think this is worth the effort, so that the liveryfunction of the Experiemental can be used more to its full potential!

I know you have a huge workload, but at the same time I hope that you one day would like to incorporate something like this :)