News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Animated Waterfall

Started by An_dz, March 27, 2014, 03:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An_dz

This is my first attempt trying an animated object, I still want to animate the top effect. But for now this is what I got so far:

I'll upload the object when I finish it. Right now I just want to show how this has gone so far. When this is finished I'll create a small version for half the size. It's an attraction so you can send tourist to see it. When done I'll explain how to use it.

The waterfall is complete and I have also created one for the single slope.

The download is attached as well as a new menuconf.tab that you must use to build it. The menuconf.tab needs to be placed in /pak96.comic/config/ directory.

How to build it

1. Find a slope with river or near one.

2. Create a sharp slope, here I let it look more natural.

3. Change to Public Service player, open the Map Editor menu and open the Curiosity builder, search for waterfallDouble or WaterfallSingle and build it at the bottom of the slope.

4. Now to connect the waterfall to the river, let's see these icons that you'll see in the Map Editor menu:

The first icon is the river generated by pak96.comic you'll need to use it, the last is the special river I created called waterfallRiver that you'll need too. The second is another river that works nice on snow, sand and mediterranean terrain, but you won't need this. The other two icons are broken rivers, they have no comic graphics.

But again on connecting the waterfall with the river you need to use the last river, waterfallRiver. Use it at the top and bottom of the waterfall, it only has the necessary graphics for connecting the waterfall so you'll see small waterfall graphics in some places and won't see the river source.

5. Now finally use the first river to remove the wrong waterfallriver graphics and to create the river source.

With some trial and error you'll soon understand it better.

Sarlock

Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Yona-TYT

Very nice  :thumbsup:
The waterfall will be generated with rivers or is a separate object?

BBGunn

@An_dz - Wow, good job!  I think this animated waterfall will make a big splash in the Simutrans community.
Another beautiful day!

私が日本語の間違いをしたら、すみません。
Desculpe-me quaisquer erros portugueses.  Sou só aprendiz.

Alex. Brose

An_dz

Thanks everybody, and look that it has only 3 frames.

Quote from: Yona-TYT on March 27, 2014, 11:06:29 PM
The waterfall will be generated with rivers or is a separate object?
It's a separate object, the code can't generate this kind of objects. pak128 "cheats" by having a waterfall image for the small slopes.

Yona-TYT

Quote from: An_dz on March 28, 2014, 02:50:40 PM
Thanks everybody, and look that it has only 3 frames.
It's a separate object, the code can't generate this kind of objects. pak128 "cheats" by having a waterfall image for the small slopes.
I wish it were possible to animate the rivers, it would be very nice... ;)

An_dz

Ok, I have finished it. You can download it at the first post.

Václav

And what about to create weir? Of course that on full-height it would not look so great like on half-height - but it could be natural part of rivers, without changes of terrain.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

An_dz

It would not be animated and I find really weird a river with a weir/waterfall in every slope.

Václav

Of course, that it probably would be on every slope - but who says it should be on all rivers? (but if I saw right, here is only one size of river)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní