News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

[r7122] Some graphical glitches

Started by eipi, March 30, 2014, 08:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eipi

Hi,

I've found some graphical glitches in r7122:

1. If a bus stops at a halt or at an intersection, and the bus continues into another direction, there are traces of the bus left at the old position.

2. If a steam locomotive stops at a stop, the white smoke does not vanish after the train has stopped.

3. When resizing a window using the minimize size button, the window leaves traces if it is beyond the edge of the map.

prissi

THe bus I did not found, but it may depend on graphic size. THe smoke is known.

Ters

I thought 1 and 2 was fixed weeks ago. Have they crept back in? I can't say I've experienced any of the three with 7112.

eipi

Hmm... For reference, I use pak128 r1391 with MULTI_THREAD enabled.
The bus glitch also appears in pak64 for me, so this is not likely to be a pakset issue.

Ters

Maybe it only affects the multithreaded renderer. My Simutrans is more glitch free than it's been for years. Even vehicles slightly longer than a tile turn around without leaving any part behind. Or maybe you have some files that are stuck at an older revision? You seem to compile your own executables since you mention that MULTI_THREAD is enabled. Do the nightlies give you the same problem?

prissi

No, certain changes (and deletion of smoke ) leave a lot of artefacts. It depends on the position of the windows and how far these are already in the neighbouring tile.

EDIT: try r7126 (may still fail with the zeppelin for instance)

Dwachs

There was still a bug with scaling offsets. The bug occurs when zoomed in. Please try r7127 :)
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

Quote from: Dwachs on March 31, 2014, 07:50:48 PM
There was still a bug with scaling offsets. The bug occurs when zoomed in. Please try r7127 :)

That explains why I haven't seen anything. I never zoom.

Yona-TYT

The canal is shown by segments... but with the fast forward  "segmentation disappears"

An_dz

This is intended, the rendering is reduced to save resources for the simulation and don't freeze the game.

Ters

Quote from: An_dz on April 03, 2014, 05:00:58 PM
This is intended, the rendering is reduced to save resources for the simulation and don't freeze the game.

That alone would make sense if the problem was the other way around. As far as I know the real reason is that avoiding this graphical glitch would cause even worse glitches. With fast forwarding, the algorithm with worse glitches is used, since it's faster.

Dwachs

It only happens when zooming in or out. The zoomed river graphics does not met the expectations of the graphics engine, hence glitches.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.