News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

In-game player insignia or emblems and company name abbreviations

Started by ӔO, February 23, 2014, 05:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ӔO

I did not post this in extensions, because I was not sure how popular these ideas would be.

Player Emblem
I was looking at the player colours list, and felt that the colours could use some predefined shapes or letters to better associate or identify with the player.
If the player was strictly playing rail, they may want to choose a locomotive logo. Or, if playing as air only, they may want to have wings.
An emblem to identify with, could also help players immerse themselves even more with their game by role-playing certain companies.

Company name abbreviation.
Many company names are abbreviated instead of fully spelling them out. I thought it would be nice to be able to use both long and abbreviated names instead of only one, because sometimes we forget what the original name was.
As an aside, having the abbreviated name in chat would also make messages shorter and possibly easier to read, as the chat will lineup better when a similar number of letters are used in the name.
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart:

Ters

Railroad Tycoon II and/or III had logos, but I never felt there was one I liked. In Simutrans, there isn't many places to show the logo anyway. Railroad Tycoon had them floating above the trains, but I think that would cause too much clutter in Simutrans. Other places don't have room for anything but very small and simple logos, although unlike Railroad Tycoon's logos, most modern logos are simple. Where do you imagine using the logos?

ӔO

I was thinking the Emblems could be shown on the Player list and, when ownership filter is turned on, above the HQ and Convoys
My Sketchup open project sources
various projects rolled up: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17111233/Roll_up.rar

Colour safe chart: