News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Delete a stop in schedule simply by clicking it with Ctrl key?

Started by saaws, April 10, 2014, 03:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saaws

Hello everyone. I guess this suggestion is as simple as the subject line goes. How about make it easy to remove a stop from the schedule by clicking a stop with Ctrl Key pushed? Additionally, I find it interesting that there's no 'copy backward' option for a train scheduling, when you can use a choose platform signal to make train run on double-track, effectively running it as two parallel-both way tracks, although I can see the reasonging behind it.

Ters

Removing stops from a schedule is difficult indeed. In part, it acts as a safety device to prevent unintended deletions. Ctrl seems safe, and although it is yet another non-obvious feature that won't work without a keyboard, it's not the primary way of accomplishing the task.

Quote from: saaws on April 10, 2014, 03:42:33 AM
[...], when you can use a choose platform signal to make train run on double-track, effectively running it as two parallel-both way tracks, although I can see the reasonging behind it.

If find that contradictory, as the instability of using choose platforms on stations along the track is one of the most compelling reasons copy backwards is not a good idea in general. The fact that trains will always try the waypointed platform first just adds to that problem. Operating both tracks between the stations in both directions is something that isn't supposed to work, and will only do so in a very inefficient way (no intermediate blocks).

saaws

Now that I think about it, what you say about no copy backward feature makes sense. It's just frustrating when I have a train roundtrip schedule with 25 stops or more. Thank you for your input.  :D

prissi

Simutrans experimental uses this feature, although I have relatively simple layouts were this leads to trains going another loop or detour otherwise.

Ters

Quote from: saaws on April 10, 2014, 06:17:57 AM
It's just frustrating when I have a train roundtrip schedule with 25 stops or more. Thank you for your input.  :D

I can't even get a train with more than two stops to work properly when running back and forth. Either the train is losing too much money on part of the line, where it is not full enough, or there is not enough capacity on parts of the line, or both. Only with circles can I get three or more stops working properly, and then there is no use for copy backwards.