News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

problems with bridges

Started by richardk, April 13, 2014, 12:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richardk

I have 2 problems with bridges, so I'm posting them together  just in case they're related in some way.

1. I can't upgrade a track the goes under a bridge. So if the existing track is 145km and I try to upgrade to 200km the crossing bridge blocks the upgrade. The only way to do it is to delete the bridge, do the upgrade, then recreate the bridge.  This used to work but I'm not sure when it changed.

2. I can't add a tram track to a road bridge that crosses a valley, as in this screen shot. It won't add the tram track to the centre span. This also used to work. This only effect bridges in valleys so maybe has something to do with the end sections?

I tried this on the latest nightly builds, I'm running [r7136] and pak.britian [r1410] on linux 64.

prissi

I could upgrade tracks. Using control, I could also downgrade them. Bridge or bridge does not matter at all. Same for trams, dragging as well as clicking works fine. It works with any pak I tried.

Vladki

The screenshot looks like the bridge is on half slopes. Isn't there some limit that a track cannot pass under too low bridge?

prissi

Indeed, it seems the waybuilder does not allow for going under a low bridge (which should be at least configurable). Although then it should consequently forbid to built such bridges in the first place.

I will add a new flag to allow/disallow low bridges. Also the height field code seems broken, as the slopes should not depend on the conversion factor. Hmm, your observation has uncovered quite some inconsistencies. THanks.

Vladki

I think that low bridges over empty tiles should be allowed. Only bridges over ways should be at least full height.

Is there something similar to forbid building bridges over/through high buildings and vice versa?

prissi

I agree. But it was not checked during building of the bridges, only check when building under the bridges. It was also checked wrongly, i.e. this setting must be saved with the game.

kierongreen

QuoteI think that low bridges over empty tiles should be allowed. Only bridges over ways should be at least full height.
This is the intention. Any way with a maximum speed greater than 0 (i.e. apart from non navigable rivers) should not be able to be built under low bridges, and likewise bridges shouldn't be able to be built over such ways, when height conversion factor 2 is being used.

prissi

Problem with heigh conversion factor is, that these can be altered later while loading a new game. So these two informations need to be independent, which I did. (Although the checks does not check for zero speed of ways yet.)

Ters

Ideally, I think it should be possible to build a half-height bridge over a navigable river. That should mask out all ribis for that river tile. That could possibly be a bit nasty in multiplayer games, though.

Vladki

Hmmm would it be possible to have a half height bridge that would open to let ships pass through? Kind of a mix between bridge and crossing.

Sent using recycled electrons.

Ters

I believe it's possible, but nothing like it exists in Simutrans. It would take a serious bit of coding, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

greenling

Hello All
Its those problem be fix it? ???
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!