News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Blender 2.66a lighting weirdness

Started by jamespetts, April 18, 2014, 11:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Has anyone had trouble with upgrading to Blender 2.66a and lighting settings? Having upgraded (but happily having also retained my previous version as a backup), when rendering, all the textures appear much lighter and less saturated than previously, which makes them unusable because they are inconsistent with everything else in the pakset. Also, sometimes the images have a grey rather than black background, although this is not always so, and the behaviour does not seem entirely consistent. I am using existing .blend files for Pak128.Britain that worked perfectly well in 2.65a. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

MCollett

Quote from: jamespetts on April 18, 2014, 11:53:59 PM
Has anyone had trouble with upgrading to Blender 2.66a and lighting settings? Having upgraded (but happily having also retained my previous version as a backup), when rendering, all the textures appear much lighter and less saturated than previously, which makes them unusable because they are inconsistent with everything else in the pakset. Also, sometimes the images have a grey rather than black background, although this is not always so, and the behaviour does not seem entirely consistent. I am using existing .blend files for Pak128.Britain that worked perfectly well in 2.65a. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This may have something to do with changes made to support a true linear colourspace workflow.  But I am a little puzzled by your choice of version: is there some particular reason why you want to use 2.66a?  I would have thought the natural choices were either not to upgrade at all, or to upgrade to the current version (2.70a).

Best wishes,
Matthew

jamespetts

2.66a is the version that comes with Ubuntu Linux 14.04, to which I have just upgraded the computer that I use when I am staying with my parents as I am now.

Do you know anything more about this true linear colour space work-flow? Edit: It seems that this was introduced a while ago, so it would be odd if this was a difference between 2.65a and 2.66a.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Ters

I don't remember anything looking different, but I haven't done any side-by-side comparison, nor have I done much in 2.66+.