News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Introduce yourself to the community

Started by IgorEliezer, January 26, 2009, 04:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

Welcome,
I am not sure but I think that you are the first who are coming here from Finland.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

prissi

Actually there is a long tradition of Finnish players. Just look at the intro dialogue. And the most decent vehicle the white TPI 140 km/h DMU was also from finnish players (Oskari Saarekas).

Englehart

hi! i'm englehart been offline for more than a year :) i'm from manila, philippines...

found simutrans around 2005......

still playing simutrans during free time at school :)
My computer is still down

Colin

Welcome Jonathon from Sunny, but also chilly, Queensland.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it

Thought for the day

When you are up to your backside in alligators, it is difficult to remind yourself that your initial objective was to drain the swamp.

Xelofino

Hi all

Most of you already know me, but i had a problem with my Account and i couldn't connect anymore. That's why i wasn't online for 6-7 months.

I'm Xelofino from Switzerland. I found Simutrans first as iPhone App in 2008 or so and than i downloaded it for computer, started playing but after a time i got bored because i got bankrupt all the time. Then after a year or so i restarted playing and i found the Forum, the Wiki and all the stuff and suddenly i got it. I was really interested and i'm still because it's one off the only games i know, where you really have to think every step you're doing next. I like it also because i am a bit train-freaky. I am mostly on German Forum online, just once a week or so i take a look in here. I love Simutrans Network mode because it makes the game so much more interesting and you can learn very very much of playing together. Well, it starts to get long, doesn't it? I'm glad that you are also facinated of Simutrans and that we have such a cool Community.

Xelofino

vilvoh

Here or there, the important thing is been part of the Simutrans community, xelofino ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Tenuki

Hi all.

My name is Tenuki and I`m from Matsuyama,Japan.I started playing simutrans pak64 for three or probably four years and I often make addon.
Thanks for all to make nice addon.
I cannot use English so well,so if you cannot understand my English,I`m sorry.

Jack Rudd

Hello.

I am Jack Rudd from Bideford, England. In the absence of my home town's having a railway station, I shall use SimuTrans to pretend it does. :D

An_dz

Hi both of you, wish you find the forum enjoyable and fun. And hope you find more info to make you play Simutrans way more.

Václav

Quote from: Jack Rudd on October 21, 2011, 08:48:51 PM
Hello.

I am Jack Rudd from Bideford, England. In the absence of my home town's having a railway station, I shall use SimuTrans to pretend it does. :D
Has at least railways been to Bideford?

Severous

Yes it has/had a railway station:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bideford_railway_station
I remembered travelling by train on summer seaside holiday as a young boy to this area.  (Research suggests it was probobly another nearby branch line to Woolecombe)
Regards
Sev.

Jack Rudd

The station is still there, but there is no track connecting it to anywhere. It's now a walking trail.

Václav

It seems that Bideford's station was quite interesting station - like most of stations in my country which were discontinued for some reasons - like that which is called incapability to set order for people - and it has only one result - trains are getting to be used lesser and lesser - until they are profitless. And then they are replaced by buses - and after some time tracks are destroyed ... but buildings may stay alive ... for else purpose.

ActAirNeer

Hello, my name is Manuel, a 31-year-old Spanish flight simulator and transport game enthusiast. I started off with Railroad Tycoon and A-Train, progressed to Transport Tycoon (when MicroProse still existed), RR Tycoon 2, 3, and finally Simutrans. I came across Simutrans a few years ago (version 0.8) and have played during my (little) free time since. What I enjoy the most is the challenge of tweaking a line or schedule to optimize the network... although once in a while I do close the Line Management window and enjoy the scenery (and object comments).

I finally decided to register on the forum and hope to help the project in some way. However, I'm still trying to tackle Blender, though there seems to be plenty of designers out there, and I don't have programing skills. Thus, I can currently offer help with EN-ES translations (if there's any left) or any other non-programing duties that might be out there.

Spike

Welcome to the forum ActAirNeer!

Blender is not the only tool to make Simutrans graphics, just one that had been around for free quite long and some members of the community had started to use it ... meanwhile there have been created quite some helpful resources around Blender, though. But Sketchup seems to become more popular, too.

jamespetts

Manuel,

welcome to the forums! Blender is really quite easy to use once you've got the hang of the basics (at least, it is for the really rather rudimentary graphics that we produce for Simutrans in it). Here is a well-renown and easy tutorial to get you started.

The best thing for learning Blender, I find, is to start by making small changes to existing 3d models (I normally work with vehicles, but the same applies to buildings, ways, and so forth) to make a variation. City buildings are the easiest thing to produce, closely followed by vehicles, so those are both good places to start.

Pak128.Britain is all produced using Blender, and all of the Blender files are available on an open source basis. If you'd be interested in working with that pakset, let me know, and I can find you some sample Blender models and give you some suggestions as to where to start, if you don't already have your own ideas.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

An_dz

Welcome to the Forums ActAirNer!
If you want to help on translations check Simutranslator, go in a guest account and open the Guía de Objetos link. There you can check the missing strings for spanish. Translate them and send the suggestions in the Spanish forum.

dallas

Hi all I'm new etc. yay go me!

I played simutrans once about 5 years ago. A lot has changed since then.
I recently tried openttd and thats fine, but simutrans is preferred.

Was going to upload a screenshot but then I saw the competition and ran out of time.  Perhaps next month.

have a good weekend,

el_slapper

Hi everyone. Had missed this thread.

el_slapper, 36 years old Railroad tycoon veteran. I did post already a few things on experimental fora. Long time lurker, also.

bjflatman

Hi Folks,

Just starting out and loving the game. I am from Michigan. Thanks to all that put this gem of a simulation together.

Brian

IgorEliezer

Welcome to the community you both el_slapper and bjflatman.  :D

omikron

And Dallas! We don't want to forget anybody...

I'm actually also quite new, but never bothered to introduce myself - I just barged in... Happy forum experiences to you all three!

omikron

HDomos

Hi,
i missed this thread too ;D
I'm from Hungary and i'm playing simutrans since 2010 i think... I have played lots of computer games, but lately i play only simutrans :) I'm playing mostly with simutrans experimental and pak128 with a lots of addons... I like to play on huge maps with thousands of vehicles and very complex networks

HDomos

Waterlootube97

I'm Waterlootube97, a 14 year old Englishman. I used to play this game a lot when I was 11/12, and I was a huge transport and simulation enthuasiast. Unfortunately, I neglected my social life because of it and spent most of my time on the Underground travelling to stations for probably no reason other than for the sake of doing so, such as one time when I travelled the whole length of the Central Line. Most of my friends moved away by the time I was 13, however I have now gotten into music and empire building games and am slowly rebuilding my social life. However, although my interest in transport has heavily dimmed, I still do have a bit of interest in the Underground, and I like the creative side of Simutrans. Every time I play it nowadays I play it on free play mode and create my own cities with public service on. I mostly play with Pak128.Britain.

jamespetts

Welcome! You will probably enjoy the forthcoming Underground trains for Pak128.Britain, in that case...

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Waterlootube97

Quote from: jamespetts on March 23, 2012, 10:10:52 PM
Welcome! You will probably enjoy the forthcoming Underground trains for Pak128.Britain, in that case...

I definitely will, I remember when I used to make maps with just one big city and make a subway for it in Pak128 with Timothy's Underground addons. Should be even more fun with Pak128.Britain.

Crusador

Hi everyone,
my name is Daniel, I'm 16.
I tried to play Simutrans roughly a year ago. I was like "OMG, there are so many options, trains, trucks, trams, planes \o". I built lots of roads ans railroads, built airports, ships, etc. I bankrupt in five minutes, of course :D Then I give up and forgot the game.
Then, a week ago, I tried to give it another chance, this time playing more carefully, reading the manual and so. And I have to say that this game is awesome, for real! And this "community made game" style also attracts me. Most of the games I play are made this way ^^
Well, since I playing for only a week I can't say I play well, but I'm trying \o

That's it, nice to meet u all!

IgorEliezer

Welcome back both Crusador and Waterlootube97.  8)

An_dz

Welcome guys, enjoy the community. It may look stop sometimes, but for no reason it turns hot.

Julia

Hi all from London!

Another veteran of Railroad Tycoon and Traffic Giant in previous incarnations, delighted to find the game and think it's superior to both. Gradually getting to grips with good strategy after a few false starts - I like to play with having to avoid bankruptcy, as I do economics in the day job... only problem is I tend to get rather hooked on games I enjoy!

An_dz

Welcome!
Seems you're already liking the game. :D

jamespetts

From one Londoner to another, welcome! A serious economist might be of great assistance to my work in developing Simutrans-Experimental...

Cedupropre

Hello :)

My name is Ced, I'm from Brussels, Belgium. I'm 32. I discovered Simutrans in Ubuntu repositories I can't remember when. :p Now I play it on Windows XP on my other computer just reserved for games. For now, I play the Britain pak, I like this one :) I will surely play the German pak soon.

I decided to join this community to share our common passion :) (...everybody here like Simutrans, no ? :$).

See you soon. :)

Ced ^_^

PS: Sorry for my English :$ feel free to correct me.

Milko

Hello Cedupropre

Welcome! I also belong to the band 30 - 40 years, even though I'm a bit more "old."

Giuseppe