News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Introduce yourself to the community

Started by IgorEliezer, January 26, 2009, 04:06:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdog

Julia & Cedupropre welcome to the forum.

That age band is perhaps the predominant here.

Fabio

Quote from: sdog on October 02, 2012, 07:45:27 AM
That age band is perhaps the predominant here.

Definitely! ;)

Welcome all!!!

Combuijs

Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

HDomos

Sarlock

I guess I should add my own introduction here.

I'm 40, live in Vancouver, BC, Canada on the beautiful west coast.  (thus my fascination with drawing large evergreen trees)

I played Simutrans back in 2007 and really enjoyed it, but then I had children and a career change and my time to play games nearly vanished.  Fast forward to 2012 and my time has returned and my children are in school.  I am really enjoying the game and all of the additions to it over the years and have a keen interest in offering my time to further develop the game from a graphical standpoint.  I have very little 3D modelling experience, though I am working on learning Blender.  Call me an "old school" pixel pusher, I guess.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

Fabio

Quote from: Sarlock on October 02, 2012, 06:06:09 PM
Call me an "old school" pixel pusher, I guess.

The best school, IMHO ;)

Thank you for sharing glimpses of your life, Sarlock!

michelv

I finally made it through the four humanoid-test questions... Reminds me of my IQ questionairres at high school. Anyway, new here, from the Netherlands. Now trying to register for translations... site is down or something

Zeno

Quote from: michelv on November 21, 2012, 10:23:53 AM
I finally made it through the four humanoid-test questions...
Actually, it's a Voight-Kampff test to keep androids away from the forum... ;)

Welcome to the international forum, michelv!!

sdog

Those questions are a sneaky psychological way to determine whether you dreamt of electric monks in the past week. Or something like that.

prissi

The translator sent each time such message, but never provide feedback of success. Another small issue with this otherwise extremely helpful tool.

IgorEliezer

Quote from: sdog on November 21, 2012, 09:41:37 PM
Those questions are a sneaky psychological way to determine whether you dreamt of electric monks in the past week. Or something like that.
Glad I signed up in 2008. D:

mEGa

I noticed that I had never introduce myself to the community. I try to repair it !
I'm french and create addons for pak128 (original and french parts). I'm 49 years old.
I play to Simutrans since 2007. I discovered it because it was a Linux package. Before this date I played to Simcity in several versions.
I'm plastician artist but it is not my professional job. With my wife we created an artist workshop since 2003. You can see our creations in our website :
http://www.mosaiques44.fr (sorry but it is only in french).
I painted only in 2D with Inkscape and Gimp.
Current projects in progress : improvements of few designed french paks

(RP)Kuruya

Hi! I'm (RP)Kuruya from the Philippines. I started playing Simutrans for a year or so but I just joined the forum a few days ago. I hope that I can contribute even in small things. :)

kalapadago

Hello forum members, admins, moderators, programmers, painters, translators, testers, other contributors, players, and lurkers! :) I thought my first post should be about me introducing something to the community, so I might as well get started.

I've been playing Simutrans for years now. It all started somewhere in my junior high school era. I'm pretty sure I had an old Pentium I-with-several-hundred-MHz box, around 1GB of hard disk space, and an internet connection through 28k dial-up modem. But luckily I found this game. 8) So I started playing the default pak, and survived the starting economic challenges just fine. Not until I started playing pak 128 that I found that it is much harder to keep up with the maintenance expenses. Then I went on and off for a while (school and early years of college was the worst time ever), and in mid last year I started to miss Simutrans and downloaded pak 128, which to my surprise had online multiplayer capabilities (yeay!).

Funny though, through all these years spent playing, I never actually got very far on the timeline. I found that playing one map all the time got pretty boring. So quite often I start all over on a new map. Thats why I never get the chance to practice late game strategies. I hope you can help me on that. :)

Oh yeah, I'm from Indonesia. I'm not sure whether there are many Indonesians here in the community, but I've seen one recently. ;D I also saw on the translation site that Indonesian translations aren't complete. Maybe I could help on that (not that many play, but still...). I myself is a fan of skyscrapers, metropolitan city planning, trains (especially TGV :P), busess, and all sorts of transportation every city in the world has to offer. I hope I have the chance to live and see them one by one.

So guys, if you have any questions (regarding the transportation here, maybe), feel free to ask. It's been a long enough introduction. ;)

greenling

Welcome in the Internation Simutrans forum
kalapadago and (RP)Kuruya
wish you both a very good playing with simutrans.
Then you both have a problem then ask.
Opening hours 20:00 - 23:00
(In Night from friday on saturday and saturday on sunday it possibly that i be keep longer in Forum.)
I am The Assistant from Pakfilearcheologist!
Working on a big Problem!

cy087

Just a hello from me.

I've been playing Simutrans for about a year now.  I was mainly interested in the terra-forming aspects but of late have got a bit into extending supply chains, but I am still very much a novice there.

Background:
58 years old male Australian, semi retired with absolutely no artistic talents whatsoever.  40 years IT experience, mainly in railways (!).  Yes, I did say 40 years.  My (well the company's) first machine was a PDP 11-10.

CY087?  Well, that's the number plate of Auntie Jack's motorbike.  Which probably means nothing unless you are an Australian over 50 years old, but you can google "Auntie Jack" if you so desire.

System? Well, 7 actually.  Ranging from an ancient 486 through to 3 ancient 586's.  All running various Linux distro's or derivatives.   :-X No W*n*o*s here at all.
All boxes "reclaimed" from footpaths/sidewalks and swapmeets.  Total cost = $136AUD ($66 for the 1TB external drive).

Interests? Trains and computers, obviously. But also music, beer, motorbikes, food, mathematics (I lied!), horse racing, growing chillies, food (hot) ... etc.

Having said (all) that, I'll just pop over to the help forum and ask a couple of things.

CY

Tazze

Hello
I'm Tazze from Japan ,and had started Simutrans from last summer. I'm not Pak japan user but I'm Pak 128 user.
Thanks of this game, I understood how to use Blender a little.

My reading English is very slowly and excuse my english.

sdog

Welcome to the forum Tazze!

Gladly, when reading a forum, you have as much time as you need.

Most people here are not native english speakers.

IgorEliezer

Hey, Tazze. Welcome to our forum!

Quote from: Tazze on April 23, 2013, 01:28:53 AM
My reading English is very slowly and excuse my english.
Not a problem. We are pretty tolerant with writing when it's perfectly noticeable that the person is doing the best to communicate. So, take it easy and enjoy your stay. :)

ZMU920

Hello!
I am zmu920 from finland. I had simutrans on my laptop before this new one, but I stopped playing suddenly. Now I downloaded simutrans again and I have been playing it for a month now. I play with pak 64. comic (thanks to you who did it :D) I had an out of memory problem, so I made this account but the problem is solved so im good to go again.

An_dz

pak64.comic? Or pak64? or pak32.comic? or pak96.comic? or pak192.comic?

Anyway, welcome to the community!

leokoo167

Hello everyone!
I am leokoo167 from Hong Kong.I am 15 years old 8) . I have played simutrans for a month. I downloaded simutrans because I have been interested in transportation games,such as TTD and Simutrans :D . I play with pak 128 and pak Hong Kong
P.S. sorry for the wrong English . I am not a native English speaker :-[ .

God Bless Hong Kong

prissi

You might be interested in this epic Hongkong map (http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/op-110-0-1-2418.sve); It need these addons (http://www.physik.tu-berlin.de/~prissi/simutrans/pak128-opaddons.zip).

I strongly recommend copying them into an addon directory for pak128.

ZMU920

Quote from: An_dz on May 17, 2013, 03:53:24 PM
pak64.comic? Or pak64? or pak32.comic? or pak96.comic? or pak192.comic?

Anyway, welcome to the community!

PAK96. comic, i meant. Im not so good at remembering names :-[

An_dz

jajr

Hi, I'm John 42. Just started playing the Game .getting ok at it.The only thing that I have aproblem is I can not stop playing it

IgorEliezer

Welcome John.

As to your problem, I think you need to add some stops in your every-day's schedule. :D

gauthier

I was not sure whether I had introduced myself or not, then I read again all my posts on this topic, and guess what ...

I'm a 19 years old French man, I have studied maths and physics for two years so as to enter a engineer school. Then, if I did everything well, I'm going to study computer sciences during three more years. I like coding even if I actually never took part in a true project (mostly because of a lack of time over the past two years), anyway I'm going to start this again and maybe participate to Simutrans'code in some months ...

I live near Paris and study in Paris as well, time which is not spent on computer is spent outside, running at morning or going out with friends at night.

I discovered Simutrans when I was 11, looking for free games. I started playing with release 84 and pak128, there were only boats, trucks and trains, no planes, no trams, no maglevs, though I have enjoyed this game since there, especially as I like trains much. I learned basics by examining and trying things in an example savegame included in the game.
I started creating addons when Timothy just released his "MLM" maglev. I had spare time to waste so I started a pixel-art maglev vehicle with MSpaint just for fun ... then ... why not bringing it to life ? Thus I asked how to do so on this board and this fantastic community helped me with that. And now I'm still creating addons :D (at least coming back after two years of pure study hell ...).

jy191927

Hi,

My name is John and I am from Sydney, Australia. I played Simutrans since I was 14, and I loved the train system in the game.

Hope to see you around the forum.

P.S. I am going to be 20 in about 20 days.

walsjona

Hi everyone! My name is Jonny, I am 21 and from the UK.

I have been playing Simutrans for about 2 years now, mainly in Pak128.Britain, and so far think its great. I have also been following the development and would be eager to help out where I can. I have experience with Blender and Gimp and can do some coding (though definitely room for improvement).

Herbshire

Hello!! I'm Abraham and I played Simutrans since April 2013. I live in Lexington, London, England and I am a representative of the Great Britain In Simutrans.   I start copying UK roads and maps on December 10th, 2013. I am a great fan of Simutrans and I would not miss playing with Simutrans.  :police:

My Email: herbshire.access@yahoo.com
My Cybernation: www.nationstates.net/nation=of_herbshire

patrickfp93

Hello! My name is Patrick Fernandes. I am Brazilian and programmer. I know the basics in C + + and JAVA a little more.

Besides all have a proposal: Simutrans for Evolving a 3D version.
There is free engines that we use in this project.
I speak very little English and use the google translator. :D

An_dz

Hello Patrick, and welcome to the community.

There's already a 3D fork of Simutrans, Markohs worked on it for a while. You can see the results and the code somewhere here.

H_Clapp

Hi all, my name (on here anyway) is H_Clapp and I have been quietly playing Simutrans for about 3 or 4 years now, and am currently playing Experimental with the Britain 128 pakset. I'm in my 30's, and I used to love SimCity, Railroad Tycoon, Transport Tycoon... so it was only a matter of time before I ended up here :) I'm amazed at the time and effort that has gone in to making this epic game, and would like to contribute in some way, although my coding skills are very limited.

Oh, and I'm from Melbourne, Australia.

Zeno

Welcome to the community H_Clapp. We hope you enjoy and become a bit less quiet around here... ;-)