News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

Railway way type 22t missing? Circa 1967

Started by H_Clapp, May 06, 2014, 02:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H_Clapp

First off, hi to everyone here on these forums, I'm a long-time player, first-time poster. And I appreciate all the work that has gone into making this wonderful, (and highly addictive) simulation.

I thought I'd better sign up and post about this issue... I'm playing Exp 11.23 with British 128 Pakset 0.90, and seem to have run out of high-axle load track to lay down! I'm at 1967 at the moment, and the highest axle-load track available is 19t (95lb/yd), despite new vehicles appearing with a 22t load, such as the HAA hopper and new oil tanker. Most of my track is 20t, which means it's currently impossible to modify track without grinding all my current pax trains to a halt.

Would this be a problem with the pakset? BTW I tried loading up in pakset 0.91 and the issue was still there - nothing heavier than 19t track in 1967.

Cheers, and keep up the great work. Maybe I'll give the online game a go someday, although it looks a bit daunting...

H Clapp.

jamespetts

Welcome to the forums, and thank you for your report. This is indeed a pakset issue: thank you for reporting it. I think what happened is that I changed the introduction date for the continuously welded track to make it later, and forgot to update the retirement date for the old non-continuous heavy track. I have now fixed this issue on my local copy, and the fix will be available in the next release. Until then, you only have to wait until March 1968 before you can build heavy track again.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.