News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Removing bridges leaves broken roads r7218

Started by Vladki, May 17, 2014, 10:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vladki

I have noticed strange behavior when removing bridges. The road on the slope (bridge ramp) is left in place, but disconnected from the rest of the roads. Tested on pak128.britian-1.15, but I think it is error in the simutrans engine.

How to repeat:
Lets build bridges by dragging (no previous roads on the place):
Then delete the bridges - road on the bridge ramps are left in place, but the road conecting the two bridges disappeared.
Rebuild the bridges (the road in betweeen them had to be rebuilt manually), and build some more roads leading to the bridges:
Delete the bridges again, and you will see the road in the left corner disconnected:

I think the road problem is that deleting the bridge removes the road connection between the ramp and next tile. I think it should be better to simply remove the road on the ramp tile.

Ters

I notice that the behaviour is different for bridges built raised over flat terrain compared to bridges spanning a valley. In the former case, two road tiles are left behind at each end.

Vladki

Yes the behavior on flat land is different, slightly better, but still wrong IMHO.