News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Needed correction of crossing of ways with fences

Started by Václav, May 10, 2014, 06:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I beg your pardon if it is pak dependent, but few minutes ago, I tested what happens if I try to connect road and fence (placeholder).

As fence is taken as way too, there is prepared crossing - but in this case it is nonsense. Mostly if crossing has face of railway crossing. I don't think that between fence and any else way should be created any crossing.

This would (?should) be corrected.

I tested it in pak96.comic first time, and few whiles later I found it also in pak128. So, probably it is not pak dependent - but may it be that it is possible to set more crossing faces. I don't know.

If it is not possible to set more crossing faces, then really crossings of roads and faces should be disabled. And of course and by the way, I did not tested crosing of railway and crossing.

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Combuijs

Usually fences are indeed coded as ways. Gauthier's fences are railtracks (with speed 0) for instance. As far as I know there is no designated waytype for a fence.
Bob Marley: No woman, no cry

Programmer: No user, no bugs

Ters

I got lost at the end there. Did you mix up some words there?

In any case, pak64 has different railroad crossings based on the type of railroad track. I'm not sure what determines which crossing to use, but speed appears to be the only thing it has to go on. As for how many different types of crossings the game can have to choose between, I have no idea. But this would only allow you to create a proper looking crossing, not forbid it. The only way to do that is possibly by sacrificing an entire way type for it, with monorails or narrow gauge being perhaps the most likely victims.

gauthier

Quote from: Combuijs on May 10, 2014, 07:32:32 PM
Usually fences are indeed coded as ways. Gauthier's fences are railtracks (with speed 0) for instance. As far as I know there is no designated waytype for a fence.
According to http://simutrans-germany.com/wiki/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=de_WayDef#systemtype
the dat line "system_type=255" used on track is supposed to make the game use the track as a fence. Unfortunately, until now, the only consequence of using this is moving the fence's icon to the special constructions toolbar. Anyway there is no way type dedicated to fences.

prissi

This is just by convention, one system type 255 is added to the extension menu. It could be any other nubmer (but 0,1, or 7) and any other waytype, if you edit the menuconf.tab

Isaac Eiland-Hall

So basically, a pakset with, say, 3 fence types could make them system types 255, 254, 253? Although I guess that might mean three buttons in the menus somewhere.... but that could at least mean a custom fence crossing tile for each? heh

Václav

All what is needed is to avoid creation of crossings between fences and ways.

Václav

... what about to allow to use system_type also for roads?

With suitable face of fence (placeholder), connectable with road, it would give very interesting options for beautification of cities or large transportation hubs.