News:

Do you need help?
Simutrans Wiki Manual can help you to play and extend Simutrans. In 9 languages.

[11.30] Industry List not scrolling

Started by Sarlock, May 12, 2014, 03:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarlock

Me again...

Noted by others as well as myself, the industry list won't scroll.  There is likely a limit to how many items that list can contain before the scroll bar breaks and you can't browse the list.  I noticed the same thing occur with Island Hopper's big line a few years ago (before he changed it) when he had over 1000 ships on a single line and you couldn't browse the line list anymore.

I imagine this exists in Standard as well... probably the first game ever played with 2,800+ industries.
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

jamespetts

The GUI has been substantially overhauled in Standard since the version from which the 11.x branch diverges. This new GUI code is in the way-improvements branch and will be implemented in the next major version. If the problem still persists there, it will be worth looking into further.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

TurfIt

Any scrolled list > 32767 pixels will break. For text lists, this'll be slightly less than 3000 entries, which the industry list just went over.
Standard was separating map koords from screen coordinates, but not sure if ever finished... And the screen coords are still 16 bit too, need changing to 32 to fix this type of problem.

jamespetts

I have moved this to the Standard bug reports subforum, as this is not exclusive to Experimental.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Dwachs

Quote from: TurfIt on May 17, 2014, 09:37:37 PM
Standard was separating map koords from screen coordinates, but not sure if ever finished... And the screen coords are still 16 bit too, need changing to 32 to fix this type of problem.
The conversion is done, hence the fix to this problem will be a trivial change - just change one typedef.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.