News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Can't run Simutrans-Experimental

Started by VOLVO, August 09, 2014, 09:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO

I have my computer changed and now it's displaying MCSV100.dll and couldn't start the game for some reason...

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

DrSuperGood

To put it in words what James is saying...

You are missing the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables. These provide the standard C++ libraries for C++ programs built using Microsoft Visual C++, the compiler/build system that James uses to make the releases.

The reason Standard may still work is because it is built using GCC (G++). As such it is probably using a different C++ standard library, possibly even built-in to the executable.

In theory you can build the visual C++ components used into an executable or dll but this requires a non-free version of Visual C++ from Microsoft which James may or may not have (and it is not cheap). I remember reading about this process a while ago but generally it is not worth it since although it removes the visual C++ redistributables as a requirement it also removes the slight efficiency they give when running multiple processes that require them in parallel.

VOLVO

Thank you James and Dr, I have tried to reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 for a few times before and now I know the reason it didn't work...