News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

flying car bug

Started by Ethonal, September 27, 2014, 04:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethonal

ok so maybe not completely flying, while Civ cars are traveling diagonally right they are slightly misaligned by maybe one pixel and appear to be flying. It seems as though buses prefer the ground though ha

its not a big deal and I don't know how much work it is to lower the model a pixel or so while doing this action, im just surprised no one else has noticed :)

I did a quick search and only thing I could find was a post from james a year ago about train alignment

PS not sure if its all cars, but the rangerover and ford KA are both suspects (granted ford do infact have a flying car)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrhxql5xkbn0yl6/Screenshot%202014-09-27%2017.05.23.png?dl=0

jamespetts

Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads! (It is nearly 2015, after all).

(Actually, I think that this bug is not specific to the Experimental version of Pak128.Britain, as the private car graphics are the same in each).
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

kierongreen

So, does that mean you're going to make a Delorean city car jamespetts? :p

jamespetts

Quote from: kierongreen on September 28, 2014, 06:51:21 PM
So, does that mean you're going to make a Delorean city car jamespetts? :p

It wouldn't work - there's nowhere that it'd be allowed to go 88 miles per hour.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

dschr

Haha, you may want to ask the pak.german, they have Autobahnen ;)
On the other hand, all major cities have environmental zones today, where a car has to fullfill some standards regarding exhaust gas pollution and an old Delorian isn't even close to this, so pay attention that you don't land inside a city.

jamespetts

What's the German for "Great Scott"?

dschr

:-D Ha, you know what is really crazy? There is something called Motorway tourism here: People fly over, rent a car at the airport and then just drive around on the Motorway for fun. And after a few days, they bring back the car and fly back home. Without seeing anything else than the Motorway and getting in touch with traffic jams and construction works. It's en vogue right now in circles of newly wealthy Chinese people.
And as they are not used to it, it is also very dangerous for all.
There are even information websites for this available:
http://www.autobahntourismus.de/en/
(no joke: they advertise with the slogan: "Holiday on the Highway! And they mean it serious!)
And just to make this clear: I am a supporter of introducing a general speed limit, for environmental as well as for safety reasons.

Junna

Quote from: dschr on September 30, 2014, 10:53:39 PM
Without seeing anything else than the Motorway and getting in touch with traffic jams and construction works. It's en vogue right now in circles of newly wealthy Chinese people.

One wonders why, considering how long their motorway network is now! It surpassed the length of the Chinese railway system a few years ago, and now it'll soon pass the total length of motorway-standard roads in the United States. They have a rather German designed as it is (Japanese motorway standards are mainly German/british-derived, which in turn the Chinese derive most of theirs from). I guess they just want to avoid the hefty tolls they have to pay on their own motorways (if so - they should stay away from France no matter what - I'm surprised anyone uses their motorways with the tolls they charge.)

dschr

Hey Junna,

they come here, because in contrast to most other countries, there is no general speed limit on motorways.