News:

Want to praise Simutrans?
Your feedback is important for us ;D.

Bridge 130 slope and tram track

Started by ny911, October 03, 2014, 08:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ny911

using nightly pak128 r1487 there is a drop of the tram track and the tram it self on a highway 130 bridge at both sides. This effect only if the slope has one level difference and not with the two level slope. All function of road and tram track are fine, it's only the view of it.

gauthier

The graphics should be exactly the same for the tram track, so it's neither a missing image nor a missing dat parameter. I think this bug is caused by the game itself but it needs to be checked with another half height pakset.

ny911

Quote from: gauthier on October 03, 2014, 09:19:29 PM
I think this bug is caused by the game itself but it needs to be checked with another half height pakset.

pak128 Britain with 100 bridge and 100 track -> no bug
pak128 bridge 130 and 110 with bug, bridge 90 and 50 with no bug

both with half height pakset.

gauthier

That's odd ... I will look at it.
EDIT : indeed, these bridge parts look like they were coded as front image, the bug is being fixed soon. Thanks for reporting.

ny911

Here is the next report for bridge 55kmh :

- can be build only at half hight slopes and not between double height slopes
- on flat areas bridge main area view is to low or the bridge slopes are too high
- one side slope, one flat, the slopes are to high
- bridge 55 function itself is fine

gauthier

I just checked all road and rail bridges and tunnels to fix all the glitches on them, don't worry about that ;)

gauthier

I'm working on fixing all glitches on roads and rails, I think it should be done in a week, depending on how much free time I have. The biggest problem is the gravel road, it has no graphics for half slopes and creating them from scratch, using the same style, is really tedious.

Fabio

Gravel road bridge partly reuses the graphics of 80 or 120kph rail bridge (I don't remember right now). You could easily take it from there. Thank you anyway for your precious work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauthier

Indeed ... but too late, I already remade them  :-X The result is nice enough I think.
The whole job on roads and tracks is already done, it was much shorter than I thought. There are still some minor glitches to fix elsewhere, a release version 2.5.1 should be out in one or two days.
I don't know exactly what happened with the 50 km/h road tunnel, it missed a lot of images and had placeholders instead, I recovered an old version of it. The only difference is a sign on the top of the entrance, I will put it back before the release.

@Fabio : I saw you made 280 and 320 km/h tracks'ballast go farther than the upper tile limit. I assume it was to make the ballast merge between two parallel tracks. The problem, besides the inconsistency of such graphics in many cases, was a horrible glitch when building stations on it, so I got the ballast back to the tile's boundary.

Fabio

Stations had to have the front platform coded as front image, that did the trick. You could think of invading the back tile for only 2-4 px.

gauthier

Quote from: Fabio on October 06, 2014, 12:31:54 PM
Stations had to have the front platform coded as front image, that did the trick. You could think of invading the back tile for only 2-4 px.
Having the front platform as frontimage doesn't work (try it), the "invasion" you used was much farther than 2-4 px :/ And there are still these graphical inconsistencies with any buildings placed after the tracks.

Anyway, I have neither your tools nor your method, I can't easily work with your tracks, so I just did a quick and basic bug fixing. It's up to you to rework that in a better way :)