News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Rail tunnels/Rails on steep slopes

Started by ivrogne, October 12, 2014, 01:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivrogne

Since updating to pak128 2.5.0 (and later 2.5.1 with no changes for this problem), I'm not able to build rail tunnels anymore.

1. There is only a half slope which does not allow tunnels, although in a gamesave from 2.3.0 existing tunnels look as though they were build on half slopes.

2. I can't build rails on steep slopes. I can build roads and road tunnels on steep slopes though.

That's why I think the problem might be only related to railroads.

- I can't build the railroad on these slopes...

Thanks.

Sarlock

Select your tunnel tool and then hold down CTRL while placing the tunnel and it will place it in that spot.  Then you can go in to underground mode and complete the rail tunnel.

You highlight something that probably needs addressing, however, since many players don't know about the CTRL option.

Perhaps we can modify things so that when a player places a tunnel on a slope without dragging to an opposite location to complete the tunnel, it will behave in the same manner as when you press CTRL (just places the entrance/exit to the tunnel).
Current projects: Pak128 Trees, blender graphics

gauthier

Quote1. There is only a half slope which does not allow tunnels, although in a gamesave from 2.3.0 existing tunnels look as though they were build on half slopes.
You can build tunnels by clicking directly on the slope (with or without ctrl), having a way built on that slope is no longer necessary.
2.3.0 didn't use soft slopes, 2.3.0 and 2.5.0 are not meant to be compatible  ???