News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

GWR 4073 tender

Started by zook2, October 23, 2014, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zook2

The GWR 4073 has an axle load of 22t, but the tender has one of 23t, making the engine impossible to use in its timeframe because the 109lb track available allows for only 22t.

jamespetts

Ahh, thank you: this is a bug. I had omitted to specify the number of axles, which defaulted to 2, whereas the tender actually has 3 axles: the axle load should only be 2/3rds of what is shown. This is now fixed for the next release.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

zook2

Trying to replace an engine with a BR Standard 5MT in 1951 fails because somehow the tender is already obsolete, although you can still buy it manually.

P.S: The BR Standard tender comes with the 5MT in 1951, although it is available only from 1952 onwards.

P.P.S: Please have a look at the Princess Coronation tender (Stanier Express tender) as well.

jamespetts

Thank you for that report: I have now fixed the BR 5MT tender. However, I am not quite sure what the problem is with the Stanier Express tender: can you elaborate?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

zook2

Must be a similar problem; when I try to auto-replace a late-model Princess Coronation (non str.), I don't get a tender.

jamespetts

Ahh, that is a constraints problem: I have now fixed that, too, on my local copy. Thank you for the report!

Vladki

The tender is still with 23 t axle load in Pak128.Britain-Ex-0.9.1.

Is it possible to download the sources from some SVN or GIT ?

jamespetts

The sources are available here. The master branch is somewhat out of date: the latest development is on the half-heights branch, but that is not compatible with the current release version of Experimental (although it should not make a difference for vehicles).

Vladki

Which branch of pakBritain and simutrans-experimental, should I download & compile to follow the latest development? I can perhaps do some bug-hunting, or even fixing some dat-files.

jamespetts

For the latest development, you will need devel-new for the code and half-heights for the pakset.

Vladki

Similar problem is with GWR 6959 modified Hall - axles are not defined for tender, but neither for the engine itself - resulting in 38 t/axle
And it has way too much power (1270 kW) compared to unmodified hall (338 kW).

jamespetts

Thank you for the report - I have now fixed this, and recalibrated and made other fixes to the Modified Hall while I am about it.