News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

PakGerman: Truck vs Plane cost

Started by jeffatsqi, February 02, 2009, 03:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffatsqi

I was trying the new German pak this weekend and surprised to see that a Mack truck or bus cost more than a jet:

Mack truck -- 40,737
Bus (68)  -- 29,484

727-100  -- 28,500

Is this correct?

In the standard pak the ratio of bus to plane is more than 10 to 1 and Mack to Lockhead Tristar is about 6 to 1.
Simutrans economics labs at www.osnv.org

jeffatsqi

Is there an estimate of a time when pricing will be updated.

I really love this Pak but the plane pricing makes it unusable for the economic simulation lib that I run.

Thanks

jeffatsqi

Thanks. That is great news.

Does the update include train pricing? Right now the BR234 engine cost less than the Mack truck. However, even in pak64 this pricing is odd as the BR219 is only 3,000 more than a Mack truck.

DirrrtyDirk

Frank asked me to translate:

QuoteThe problem is that engines also require railcars, so altogether, a complete train is much more highly priced than a truck/trailer.

Also the preset starting capital is a factor in this. As long as that is not adjustable on map creation, or variable dependant on starting year, such (seemingly) ill fitting prices are needed to make game start possible at any given year.

Hope that helps/explains things a little.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

jeffatsqi

The new plane set is great. Thanks DirrtyDirk.

Frank, I understand the explanation on train engine pricing. It is very reasonable.  However, I do like your idea to increase the starting cash level over time. This lets the pricing of net technology increase in a natural way.