News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Some Bugs

Started by Sir_Tramalot, December 04, 2014, 06:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir_Tramalot

I'm not sure if this has been posted, but the 1975+ blue 4 COR/RES/BUF rear driving unit stays green.
The LNER Tyneside Parcels EMU has an expiration date of March 3162, and does not change to the green livery, while the normal version does.
The second car of the 312 is in all-over blue, while the rest is blue-grey
The 4 SUB or class 502 does not go into blue, even though I am lead to believe that they did.   
Also, I cannot use the class 486, it shows up with a pink bar. Not sure what that means.
Sorry if all of these are already known!

EDIT: What year is best to find Jaffa Cake, as I have only seen it on the MLV.

Oops, Please move to bugs
Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway: Keeping the spirit of Bowaters Paper alive.

jamespetts

Thank you very much for these reports: they are helpful. Taking them one by one:

QuoteI'm not sure if this has been posted, but the 1975+ blue 4 COR/RES/BUF rear driving unit stays green.

Found and fixed.

QuoteThe LNER Tyneside Parcels EMU has an expiration date of March 3162...

Found and fixed.

Quote...and does not change to the green livery, while the normal version does.

The green livery for this does not appear to have been drawn by Junna, who created these. I am not sure whether this was deliberate or not. Does anyone know whether the Tyneside MPV actually ever appeared in the green livery?

QuoteThe second car of the 312 is in all-over blue, while the rest is blue-grey

I can't reproduce this, I'm afraid: it may have been fixed since the last release.

QuoteThe 4 SUB or class 502 does not go into blue, even though I am lead to believe that they did.

The process of producing graphics for the various vehicles in all of the liveries in which they appeared is not yet complete, and these are some of the vehicles that do not yet have multiple liveries.

QuoteAlso, I cannot use the class 486, it shows up with a pink bar. Not sure what that means.

Pink means that the vehicles are available only as upgrades. The 485 should be an upgrade to the 1938 stock, but the upgrading was not correctly specified. Now found and fixed: thank you.

QuoteEDIT: What year is best to find Jaffa Cake, as I have only seen it on the MLV.

I do not think that this livery has had many vehicles produced in it so far: it was a livery of the early 1980s (available in this pakset from March 1985 to June 1986).

Thank you again for your reports. These have been fixed in the sources on Github, and will be available in the next release. It may be some time before the next release is ready, however, as I have not had much time to work on Simutrans as late as I am still in the process of moving  house.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Junna

Ah, yes, I don't think I made a 4SUB in Malachite green, only blue, but the 502 I have never touched, as the model was (at the time at least) absent from the files, as well as the 303 (which consequently only exist in Electric blue).

Only the 410 has a Jaffa Cake livery. I thought of one for the 309 (as well as the early red livery), but I have not made such yet...

IIRC the Tyneside parcels motor remained in the old livery until such a time as it was withdrawn. (Never found any pictures of it painted otherwise, or details pertaining to the livery).

jamespetts

I don't think that I ever did get around to dealing with the 410 in Jaffa Cake livery for Experimental, as I never did decide what to do about the whole 410/412 thing.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Sir_Tramalot

With regard to the 312, here are images taken from 1995: (click to enlarge)

Also, the class 303 stays in BR blue, with no yellow front. Is that intended?
Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway: Keeping the spirit of Bowaters Paper alive.

jamespetts

I still can't reproduce the error with the 312, I am afraid. The 303 does not yet have multiple liveries drawn for it, which would be the reason that it is thus.

Sir_Tramalot

Quote from: jamespetts on December 06, 2014, 01:14:35 PM
The green livery for this does not appear to have been drawn by Junna, who created these. I am not sure whether this was deliberate or not. Does anyone know whether the Tyneside MPV actually ever appeared in the green livery?
I think that this would answer it

jamespetts

Sir_Tramalot

A better image of one, showing the warning panels, being used as a locomotive towing a MetCam DMU buffet car.

jamespetts

An unusual configuration!

Sir_Tramalot

Also, notice the front-right buffer - I wonder what caused that

jamespetts