News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Can't Build Tunnels

Started by Martinwh1, December 16, 2014, 05:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinwh1

Thought I might update my Simutrans so I downloaded 120.0.1 r7373 plus 128.Britain 1.16. I now find that if I use the Pak 64 which came with the download there are no problems in building tunnels in the usual way (i.e. place the tunnel mouth on a 45 degree slope and provided there is a matching slope on the other side of the hill the tunnel connects up) but if I try to use the Pak 128.Britain I cannot build any tunnels and just get the message "Tunnels must start on a straight slope".

Aquin

That sounds like a problem with single/double height.

DrSuperGood

You are not understanding the height mechanics.

In pak64 there is only single height so a slope is 45 degrees. This is steep enough to start a tunnel. A double slope is probably too steep for a tunnel (63.4 degrees).
In pak128.Britain there is half height so a slope is 26.6 degrees. This is not steep enough to start a tunnel so you need to use a double slope (45 degrees) for a tunnel entrance.

Martinwh1

Thanks - I see things have changed since I last played! All I need now is to find the trams - I started the game in 1950 and none appear in the tram shed!

DrSuperGood

QuoteI started the game in 1950 and none appear in the tram shed!
As far as I know all trams in pak128.britain are electric (except the very early steam ones long obsolete by 1950) so you need to make sure that the line the depot is using is electrified. You can do this by dragging electrification from the depot origin tile to the tile directly outside it.

Martinwh1

Thanks - I was aware of the need to electrify into the tram shed. The strange thing is that even if I enable the "show obsolete" button no trams show up. However, I have just tried a new game with a 1990 start date and the DLR P86 appears but again there are no "obsolete" trams. I assume the British Tram Pak is incomplete as there certainly should be Blackpool trams in 1950 (as there were in the old files)   

The Hood

Oops - missed the BritTram.pak out of the latest release somehow! Copy it over from 1.15 if you have it - same file. I'll upload a fix ASAP.

EDIT - it's even missing from there as far as I can tell - surprised no-one reported it before now!?!

Martinwh1

It was mentioned a couple of times last May in connection with the release of 1.15 and there is a suggestion that the trams reappeared on one of the nightlys around 2nd November. 

The Hood

OK Somehow I missed that. Should be fine to download again now - let me know if it's OK.

Martinwh1

Thanks - working fine now with a full set of trams  :)