News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Lorries

Started by jamespetts, May 09, 2009, 04:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamespetts

Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Dwachs

could you please release a preview pak for lorries and boats?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

The Hood

I was going to release one at the weekend, but then I thought to wait until 103.0 is released.  In any case the lorries (along with everything else) are not balanced well, and that really needs fixing.  Is there general demand for an unbalanced release?

dannyman

Quote from: The Hood on October 15, 2009, 06:49:26 PM
I was going to release one at the weekend, but then I thought to wait until 103.0 is released.  In any case the lorries (along with everything else) are not balanced well, and that really needs fixing.  Is there general demand for an unbalanced release?

YES!

Or, at the very least, keep tossing things into SVN.

If you make unbalanced stuff available you suddenly have a pool of potential balancers. ;)

I haven't tried your new lorries yet, but I imagine it might be fun to balance them, maybe shooting for a baseline of operating cost = 40% of non-bonus cargo revenue on year of introduction . . . (I figure most freight is going to run at least 50% empty.)

I'd be happy to consult the conventional wisdom on balancing methodology, do a bit of grunt work, and submit diffs for your pak files . . .

-d

The Hood

OK, I can put together a release.  I need to test against the latest nightly to check nothing is broken, then that should do for the stable release of the exe. 

And thanks for the offer of balancing.  I'll open up a new thread with for discussion on proposed balancing methodology.

wlindley

Very late reply, but the Eagle trailers are introduced in 1857-01 and cannot be used for half a year until the matching LightRoadLocomotive is introduced in 1857-06 ... do we know which month might be correct?  Those two surely should be the same.

I do wonder what prototype was used, as the Wikipedia entry on Traction Engines suggests 1859 as a more commonly accepted date of introduction.

RealAmerican1776

Well, according to that Wikipedia page,

"James Boydell worked with the British steam traction engine manufacturer Charles Burrell & Sons to produce road haulage engines from 1856 that used his Dreadnaught Wheels which were particularly suited to bad roads or off-road use." Hope this helps.

jamespetts

Thank you for this - I have now adjusted the date of the Eagle trailers to match the light road locomotives in the Extended version of the pakset.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.