News:

Simutrans Chat Room
Where cool people of Simutrans can meet up.

Modern Vehicles

Started by The Hood, December 16, 2014, 08:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Spissky

jamespetts

I believe that they have not been released yet. Updates to the Standard version of Pak128.Britain are conventionally made at Christmas time, although, depending on The Hood's availability, the sources may be made available sooner if you wish to compile these yourself.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

The Hood

Sorry for the long delay in more progress on here. I've found some time to produce the class 700 (new Thameslink trains) and the similar class 707 (for suburban South West Trains services).

I'm planning on producing the crossrail train, the new scotrail train and the sheffield tram-train before Christmas and then releasing.

jamespetts

It's splendid to see work progress on these again!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Here are the Bombardier Aventra units. The longer one is the Crossrail class 345 (guessed livery) which is slightly faster than the Class 710 for London Overground (presumably a safe bet on the livery).

kierongreen

jamespetts

The Hood

This afternoon's creation: the class 385, a hitachi commuter train for Scotland planned for 2017:

jamespetts

The Hood

And finally the Class 399 Sheffield Tram Train:

That should complete the set for now so I will upload these shortly.

The Hood

For those that can't wait until a pak release these are now, finally, in SVN...

stevog423

I think that Simutrans should add more British types of buses
e.g

Wright Gemini 1 and 3
Enviro 400 City
Enviro 200
Scania Omnicity
AND the New Optare Decker

jamespetts

There are plans for more 'buses, but we have to resolve the issue as to the scale of road vehicles first.

Quakke

Thank you so much for all this work! :-) Immediately implemented this in my UK recreation. I wasn't playing that much, but recently picked it up and this is lovely to have. ^_^ No need anymore for silly 442's as LMI fast services, or to use a class 153 instead of Parry's People Mover.

Rollmaterial

Looking great! Are they soon going to be added to the Experimental repository?

jamespetts

stevog423

So after the newer trains there will be progress on modern buses

The Hood

Quote from: stevog423 on December 17, 2015, 06:50:45 AMso after the newer trains there will be progress on modern buses

I don't want to sound rude but I find this comment a little on the demanding side. It's nice to have lots of people wanting more of what I (and others) create here, but at times it can feel like I'm being pressurised by someone else's wish list. Everyone who contributes graphics to pak128.Britain does so for fun in their free time. I hope you appreciate the time & effort that is involved. When it ceases to be fun and relaxing, then I don't draw anymore - or sometimes I simply don't have the time when you have a full time job and family and other interests. That's why even simple projects like this take a whole year. I'm sure you didn't mean it to come across like that but please be aware that's how it can sound - especially when only a few people (they know who they are) regularly encourage my efforts by saying thanks.

I will add though that it's not actually very difficult to learn enough blender 3D model skills to produce a half decent model (at this scale at least!). Many people on this forum who are active graphics drawers taught themselves, myself included. Buses are some of the easiest too because they are very simple shapes. Why not give it a go yourself? I'd be more than happy to talk you through how to produce graphics that fit with the pakset.

Finally, without committing myself to any project, my next one was to tackle balancing of speed/power/capacity/price in the pakset. It's been overdue for a long time and makes the game less playable. While more buses would be nice, I'm not planning on doing them myself for quite a while.

jamespetts

I was planning to add more 'buses, but the scale issues need resolving first, as there is no point in producing a lot of new graphics which then have to be re-done a short time later because they are the wrong scale. However, fixing the scale may involve re-doing every single road vehicle in the pakset, including private cars, pedestrians, shepherds, and parked vehicles that are part of industrial buildings, city buildings and attractions. It may well be better for me to concentrate on fixing the scale issues with rail vehicles in the short term so that at least they are all consistent with one another (and road vehicles, whilst out of scale with everything else, are largely in scale with each other).

stevog423

Quote from: The Hood on December 17, 2015, 10:07:45 AM
I don't want to sound rude but I find this comment a little on the demanding side. It's nice to have lots of people wanting more of what I (and others) create here, but at times it can feel like I'm being pressurised by someone else's wish list. Everyone who contributes graphics to pak128.Britain does so for fun in their free time. I hope you appreciate the time & effort that is involved. When it ceases to be fun and relaxing, then I don't draw anymore - or sometimes I simply don't have the time when you have a full time job and family and other interests. That's why even simple projects like this take a whole year. I'm sure you didn't mean it to come across like that but please be aware that's how it can sound - especially when only a few people (they know who they are) regularly encourage my efforts by saying thanks.

I will add though that it's not actually very difficult to learn enough blender 3D model skills to produce a half decent model (at this scale at least!). Many people on this forum who are active graphics drawers taught themselves, myself included. Buses are some of the easiest too because they are very simple shapes. Why not give it a go yourself? I'd be more than happy to talk you through how to produce graphics that fit with the pakset.

Finally, without committing myself to any project, my next one was to tackle balancing of speed/power/capacity/price in the pakset. It's been overdue for a long time and makes the game less playable. While more buses would be nice, I'm not planning on doing them myself for quite a while.

I'm not pressurising its alright, I'm not being demanding, Its just I want more buses but I can ask in a polite way

Milko

The hood, Thank's for all.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Before I forget, may I ask that, when you have a moment to spare, you could send me the .blend files for all of these so that I could add them to the public Github repository? I should be very grateful.

Mr.Spissky

Hi! The latest pak128.britian update included some of these trains and tunnels  :) but there are more trains, tunnels and new stations. Can I download the rest of the trains, tunnels and the stations somewhere?

jamespetts

Which ones do you think are missing?

The Hood

Not all the liveries as shown in these posts are in Standard but all the finished stations and tunnels should be.

Mr.Spissky

Jamespetts
I miss three 3 375s (FCC,southern and one southeastern. The 379 southern, the 387 thameslink. Both 376 Southeasterns. 1 turbostar(chiltern). The class 180 Arriva. The class 458 SWT. 4 class 323s (Northern, First North Western, London Midland and the Centro).

Junna

Liveries aren't in standard, I don't think...

and I don't think James has added them to experimental sources yet.

jamespetts

I have finally put these into the devel-new branch, with all the relevant parameters for Experimental (which took a long time to encode).

Rollmaterial

Splendid! I'm having trouble with the new livery definitions though, how do I get them into an existing savegame?

Incidentally, the dual-voltage Class 375/377 front car has the graphics of the rear car ;)

jamespetts

Thank you for the error report concerning the class 375/6 - now fixed.

As to livery schemes, livery schemes are saved with the saved game, so a significant reworking of the code would be necessary to allow new livery schemes to be used with an existing saved game.

Moe Ron

Should we expect to see Simutrans Extended this summer, or hope for a Christmas present?

jamespetts

Quote from: Moe Ron on June 12, 2016, 12:28:43 AM
Should we expect to see Simutrans Extended this summer, or hope for a Christmas present?

I am afraid that I find it fantastically and almost impossibly difficult to predict how long that doing any non-trivial thing which I have not done exactly before will take. However, if there were more people working on the project, it would take less time.

Moe Ron

Quote from: jamespetts on June 12, 2016, 10:23:02 AM
I am afraid that I find it fantastically and almost impossibly difficult to predict how long that doing any non-trivial thing which I have not done exactly before will take. However, if there were more people working on the project, it would take less time.

Glad to hear that it's not dead, but has it really been you working on the project alone this whole time?

Rollmaterial

Quote from: Moe Ron on June 12, 2016, 09:17:49 PM
Glad to hear that it's not dead, but has it really been you working on the project alone this whole time?

I guess the commit lists for the development builds will answer your question ^^
https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-experimental/commits/devel-new
https://github.com/jamespetts/simutrans-pak128.britain/commits/half-heights

jamespetts

There have been others who have helped in the past, but unfortunately there are not currently any other active developers of Experimental.