News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

How to kill the reversing time feature?

Started by THLeaderH, March 19, 2015, 09:05:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THLeaderH

Hello,everyone.
I'm playing simutrans-experimental and I want to kill the reversing time feature but I don't know how to do it.
I found simuconf.tab in the config folder. In that, I modified like this.
#unit_reverse_time_seconds=45
unit_reverse_time_seconds=0
#hauled_reverse_time_seconds=120
hauled_reverse_time_seconds=0
#turntable_reverse_time_seconds=320
turntable_reverse_time_seconds=0

I set all "reverse_time_seconds" 0 but the result was like figure1.png.

Here is the data of my machine.
CPU:Core2Duo
Version: simutrans experimental 11.35 (based on simutrans-standard 112.3)

What should I do?

jamespetts

Changing simuconf.tab does not affect a game once it has started, as all the settings are saved with a game: simuconf.tab only affects new games. To alter settings on an existing saved game, use the advanced settings dialogue, which is, on Pak128.Britain-Ex, accessibly using the "i" key.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

THLeaderH

I found an advanced setting dialog, as figure2.jpg. However, where are these three parameter?

jamespetts

Ahh, I am afraid that I do not think that these settings have been added to the advanced settings dialogue. Sorry about that.

Incidentally, is there a particular reason that you want to disable this feature?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

THLeaderH

progdir_overrides_savegame_settings = 1
I set this and reverse_time_seconds in simuconf.tab but reverse_time didn't become zero.
"reverse_time_seconds" in simuconf.tab doesn't affect the game?

QuoteIncidentally, is there a particular reason that you want to disable this feature?
Amm... I just wanted to play the experimental like simutrans-standard in the point of reversing.

I also tried a new game with "reverse_time_seconds = 0" and trains took no time to reverse.
Maybe "reverse_time_seconds" is reflected correctly in a new game.

Jando

Personally I like the reversing feature in Experimental, but I always wonder why the trains first wait for load or schedule and then start reversing. Since they occupy the platform anyway they might as well reverse while they wait. :)

THLeaderH

One of the reasons why I want to kill this feature is that time schedules of trains are often disturbed at the ends of the line. I observed sometimes how vehicles wait for schedule at the ends of the line. Sometimes trains first wait for load or schedule and then start reversing. However, sometimes trains wait for schedule so that the trains depart at the set time including their reversing time.

jamespetts

With one exception to which I will turn presently, the loading time actually takes account of the reversing time. Suppose, for example, that a convoy had a loading time of 10 minutes and a reversing time of 5 minutes: the convoy would actually load for 5 minutes, then commence reversing, and load all the while during the reversing until it departs. If the loading time were 5 minutes and the reversing time 10 minutes, it would start reversing nearly as soon as it got to the stop, and reverse (all the while loading) for the full 10 minutes.

The one exception to this is where the convoy has not yet worked out that it will need to be reversing at this particular stop: it will then load, then try to leave, at which point it will work out that it needs to reverse, and add the reversing time on top. When it does this, however, it adds data to the schedule (marked in the current version with an [R], but the next version will have it as a [<<] symbol, as the letter "R" is language dependant), so that it and any other convoy on that line will know in advance to reverse at that point in its schedule. This will therefore only be relevant when the the first convoy in a line stops at a reversing stop for the first time.

Jando

Ah, that makes sense, James, good plan! Thanks!