News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Request for advise on how to use Clippers

Started by Jando, March 21, 2015, 10:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jando

Hello!

Sorry for this thread, I don't know whether it's a pak set issue, an Experimental issue or whether I'm too dumb to find the solution. Might well be the latter. :)

I like to build ports like in this screen shot, with each line getting a separate loading spot, thus all ships of a line load at the same spot in the port.

This works great with Schooners (that need 2 tiles) but only sometimes works with Clippers (that need 3 tiles). It's even so that it works with one Clipper on a line, but not with another Clipper on the same line. i.e. one Clipper picks up passengers and mail, the other one doesn't and continues empty. Any advise what to do?

jamespetts

I am slightly confused by your question: the first part appears to be asking about something merely cosmetic (the ships docking on different tiles on the same dock), but the second part refers to one ship picking up mail and passengers and another not doing so, which is functional. Is the latter behaviour apparently faulty (e.g., the ships are failing to pick up passengers despite the other ship being full and/or leaving later)?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Sorry for not being clear. Question is:

How should I build docks on ocean tiles to ensure that 3-tile vehicles like a Clipper can fill their hold. In the above screen shot 2-tile long vehicles (like the Schooners) work fine, 3-tile vehicles on the same line however don't.

jamespetts

Can you upload a saved game in which this issue can be reproduced?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Jando

Quote from: jamespetts on March 22, 2015, 02:14:56 PM
Can you upload a saved game in which this issue can be reproduced?

Will do when I can reproduce it. Have played a bit further with the map and the route in question is currently rather screwed up with this routing bug (I'm playing with the 11.35 version). Can't add a Clipper to another route cause that would screw up that route as well. :) I'll watch the issue and shout when I  see it again.

Thanks for all!

Jando

Hello James!

Saved game can be found here: http://simutrans-germany.com/files/upload/Swanminster_Clipper_Problem.sve

The Clipper (vehicle id 53, fresh from the depot) will head to Crochester Ferry but not load any passengers or mail, although it should and there's plenty available. It will head to the port, wait there for it's loading time and then continue empty. Another strange thing is that, just by hitting the schedule button in the vehicle dialogue (no changes to schedule), the Clipper will go into loading time wait at once (where it is) and then skip the next stop in it's itinary.

Milko

Hello Jando

I think you are describing an old (and unresolved) issue: http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=12462.msg123479#msg123479

The problem affect also planes.

Giuseppe