News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Vehicle not starting when loaded with passengers.

Started by Celery_Rhubarb, March 31, 2015, 02:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celery_Rhubarb

At the moment I'm making a vehicle for OpenPak128.

The problem seems to be that when the vehicle is loaded with passengers. It just won't move from the bus stop.

Any idea as to why this is happening?

Vladki

A screenshot of in game vehicle info dialog would be helpful, as well as dat file. Wild guess: wehicle is underpowered and too heavy when fully loaded. 8)

gauthier

Is there a red box with the message "*** can't find a route" above the bus ?
Is the road before the bus free so it can move ?
Have you set a minimum charge at this stop ? In such case, your bus might be waiting to be full, check in the bus'window if there is a yellow part on the loading bar.
I guess you have properly set a non-null power and a non-null speed for you bus, else it would not even have left depot.

QuoteA screenshot of in game vehicle info dialog would be helpful, as well as dat file. Wild guess: wehicle is underpowered and too heavy when fully loaded. 8)
Sounds weird but possible too, what is the total mass and the power of your bus ?

Celery_Rhubarb

The bus does leave the depot and is working well until it picks up passengers at the bus stop.

When it's attempting to leave the bus stop with passengers loaded. That's when it stops.

The speed of this vehicle is 1km and power is 44700.

DrSuperGood

Sounds like the weight of the passengers is too much for it to move. Once stationary drag (based on weight, including the weight of what is being transported) exceeds power then the convoy will be stuck at some arbitrary minimum speed (displayed as 1 km/h).

To prevent this happening under some circumstances with realistic numbers you may need to add a gearing to the convoy.

Celery_Rhubarb

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Just in case someone else runs into the same problem, would you say what fixed it? :)

Celery_Rhubarb

Sorry for the late reply.

I adjusted the speed to 10 and the power to 1.

That's what solved my problem.