News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

Underground mode for way-objects

Started by Václav, April 25, 2015, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Standarization might be a good idea. Shift+S saves in most paks, but one (and I always forget which one until the help menu pops up) is Ctrl-S. d'oh. heh

jamespetts

We should probably standardise to CTRL+S, as this is the standard in most desktop applications.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

An_dz

I was looking at the menuconf file for pak96.comic and doing some annotations too. I'll check and report back. But we can continue to discuss them.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

If we can dual-map, perhaps better to map both since they both appear to otherwise be unused. But if not, then... I dunno. Ctrl-S is more standard across other software, but Shift-S has been Simutrans's standard for so long. heh. I dunno which is better.

Ters

Quote from: Isaac.Eiland-Hall on August 09, 2015, 07:29:57 AM
If we can dual-map, perhaps better to map both since they both appear to otherwise be unused. But if not, then... I dunno. Ctrl-S is more standard across other software, but Shift-S has been Simutrans's standard for so long. heh. I dunno which is better.

In most applications, shift is not used, by itself, as a modifier for keyboard accelerators involving letter or symbol keys. Games and graphical applications are an exception, though. However, I have no recollection of hotkeys for saving in any game.

Another thing about shift, is that it is often used to alter, often inverse, the meaning of another accelerator. I don't think Simutrans uses it that way at all.

prissi

jamespetts

I have had a go at something resembling a video tutorial for one of the signalling features in the next release of Simutrans-Experimental here. I should be interested in what people think as to how usable that this is.
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.