News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Wrong position of oneway signs at diagonal track

Started by wipi35, August 15, 2008, 10:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wipi35

At diagonal tracks oneway signs are always on the same side of the track.
Used R1950 with Pak128-61

DirrrtyDirk

I think the one-way signals in pak128 were not really correctly aligned for quite a while... I figured that when I made a set of my own - and they seem to work better on diagonals because the ones I made are shown as "blocking" one way, instead of "allowing" it like these here do (hope that makes sense - I really don't know how to explain right now). Haven't tried my signals with anything past 99.17.1 yet though...

If you want to try, I can post them - just a bit over 5kb, so that shouldn't be a problem.

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

wipi35

For the moment I can use oneway signals only on straight tracks, so not urgent at all.
Hope that it will be solved in one of the coming nightlies.

prissi

Well, the graphics are on the wrong position. They might even disappear after houses, in unlucky situations. THus I thing they need realignement => pak128 error.

whoami

The shelters of certain Pak128 signals are also misplaced on diagonal track.
Now that we talk of that: Pak64 shows similar misalignment for two kinds of signals.

prissi

The thing is, with the current system this is not really solvable for the house. The other is more llikely misalignment.

wipi35

Same thing happens with one waysignals for trains in pak128, see screenshot.
1= End of choose signal (=OK)
2= One way signal on the wrong side of the track
3= One way signal on the right side but with offset

sojo

Hi wipi35

You have use the wrong forum. This is the problem-forum for pak96.comic. I can't change it at pak128. Ask VS who can help you.

sojo
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

wipi35

Quote from: sojo on January 22, 2009, 09:28:12 AM
You have use the wrong forum. This is the problem-forum for pak96.comic.

You're right, I'm sorry

Quote from: sojo on January 22, 2009, 09:28:12 AM
I can't change it at pak128.

Neither can I, shall I remove msg?

VS

Don't worry, let Igor or somebody merge it with the original thread... or sojo can split this thread, move this half to pak128 bug reports and then I'll merge.

The older topic in 128 bugs:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?topic=146.0

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

sojo

"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

VS

Thanks!

I tried to do something about this. Something works, something not. The problem (at least in 128) has more parts than one. Let's see:

1) Signals are painted so that a whole signal tile covers the whole track tile. One or two images depending on directionality of signal. Nothing new there. However, the image is selected according to exit directions - in other words, straight track and diagonal track still share the same images, since the exit is on the same side. The only way to counter this is to make sure that the signal is at the very border of tile, otherwise it might intersect with other parts of picture. This is where problems with "huts" come from; Fabio painted them to fit on straight section of track and put the signals to the end of tile, but huts into the middle.

2) Signs that forbid one direction are facing the forbidden direction, but these rail signs in 128 are made so that they convey allowed direction, not forbidden. Maybe this could be fixed by changing their position from end to start of tile? I will try more.

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

VS

Note (to self?) - for oneway rail signs, this bug persists.

Since oneway signs do not stop train, their position within tile is not so important. They could move to "front" of tile easily, the maddening part will be rereferencing the images since they use inverted logic...

DirrrtyDirk

I took the liberty and re-aligned them on svn.  ;)

***** PAK128 Dev Team - semi-retired*****

Fabio

VS

And so it is fixed... just like that :O Thanks! Case closed :)