News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Game save file can save in anywhere

Started by spm, February 05, 2009, 03:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spm

I put the simutrans to my usb flash drive,so i can play it in anywhere,home,office,girlfriend's home....etc,but after play,i need to copy my game save file to my usb drive,and every time before playing,i need to replace my save file in "my documents",i wish we can choose the game save file save places.....

prissi

Edit the file config/simuconf.tab in your simutrans folder and uncomment the entry:

singleuser_install = 1

With this, savegames, maps, screenshots and config files are directly saved in the simutrans folder. (The entry is disabled, because under Vista the virtualisation removes any savegames for users which are not administrator from "C:\Program Files\".) On a USB-Stick it should work fine.

spm

Quote from: prissi on February 05, 2009, 09:03:24 AM
Edit the file config/simuconf.tab in your simutrans folder and uncomment the entry:

singleuser_install = 1

With this, savegames, maps, screenshots and config files are directly saved in the simutrans folder. (The entry is disabled, because under Vista the virtualisation removes any savegames for users which are not administrator from "C:\Program Files\".) On a USB-Stick it should work fine.

yes,now alreay is "singleuser_install = 1"
so what i need to do?thank you!

prissi

Now simutrans will save everything on your stick, if you changed the correct file (in the simutrans.exe you go to folder config and change this simuconf.tab!)

Fuzzy Peach

Where does it normally save games in Vista and how do i find them?

Spike

I think they are in "My files", subfolder "simutrans", inside that, "save".

venkat.partha

Could any one tell me where in Ubuntu does Simutrans gets installed? If I have to add additional packs, where do I go and install those packs? I have the .simutrans folder under my Home directory. I am unable to locate the executables and the paks.

Regards,
Venkat.

jonasbb

Do you have simutrans installed by Synaptic?
Than you have to put the other paksets to "/usr/share/games/simutrans".

venkat.partha

Thank you. Could you also tell me this: What are the folders created in Ubuntu when Simutrans is installed. There was one I found - /home/xxxx/.simutrans
The second one you told me : /usr/share/games/simutrans. Are there any other folders. Also, could you tell me how to I include my own city list and where?

Regards,
Venkat

Dwachs

here it should work:

/usr/share/games/simutrans/pakXYZ/text/citylist_??.txt

For '??' use he language selected in simutrans, i.e. ??=en for English.
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

jonasbb

Quote from: venkat.partha on November 14, 2009, 06:34:35 PMAre there any other folders.
Yes, there are. It exist folder for the documentation. Additional there is a game file and a man page about simutrans.

rdepass

I have a slightly different problem. I downloaded v102.2.2 onto linux, ubuntu 8.04 and it was fine before with the version released in march last year. Now, however, when I try to save in linux I get a message saying can't find target file and I can't figure it out.

I have all the updates for my Operating System.
You can check me out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Technochi
Looking out to the distant horizon, there is always a brighter day to come...

prissi

Make sure you have started the right version, i.e. you must start via ./simutrans in the executable folder. Otherwise the simutrans that comes with ubuntu is invoked.

rdepass

Thanks, I'll give it a try when i next run my linux baby, maybe I should put the side back on! And the front. At least everything inside the case is ok!
You can check me out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Technochi
Looking out to the distant horizon, there is always a brighter day to come...

Zaharra Fin

Quote from: prissi on February 05, 2009, 09:03:24 AM

singleuser_install = 1

This doesn't work with me and I have no idea what I am doing wrong  :-[ (I've tried with v.111.2.1 and experimental but it keeps creating simutrans folder in My documents)
I have XP and I am playing from USB-stick. I've just downloaded Experimental and I'll play it in the future, is there any other way to save directly to the game folder?

prissi

The simutrans online installer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/simutrans/files/simutrans/simutrans-online-install.exe/download) will create a correct simuconf.tab. Just install simutrans to your USB stick and answer the question for the portable installation with yes. Please use the version from the above links, older version had an error.

shubharora734

Thank you. Could you also tell me this: What are the folders created in Ubuntu when Simutrans is installed. There was one I found - /home/xxxx/.simutrans
teatv
Regards, hellodear.in

prissi

I think Ubuntu patched simutrans to save them there. It is no my doing ...

Mariculous

Usually simutrans is shipped as a single folder.
The simutrans binary will create and use ~/simutrans and subfolders unless singleuser_install = 1 is set, in which case all files will be written to the working directory.

Anything else depends on the packaging of the distro. You should find more informations about this in the forums as roboron documented this, but I don't remember where exactly.

makie

Quote from: shubharora734 on December 12, 2020, 08:27:53 AM
Could you also tell me this: What are the folders created in Ubuntu when Simutrans is installed. There was one I found - /home/xxxx/.simutrans
OpenSuSE do it the same way

In OpenSuSE the files are here:
the programm in "/usr/libexec/simutrans/"
the paks and script, text, themes in  "/usr/share/simutrans/"   (Ubuntu may be "/usr/share/games/simutrans" or "/usr/games/simutrans")
a start script in "/usr/bin/"
Quote#!/bin/sh
cd /usr/share/simutrans
exec /usr/libexec/simutrans/sim -use_workdir $@
save and screenshots in the hidden folder "/home/xxxx/.simutrans"

en63

Mint :
savegame - - /home/xxxx/.simutrans

program Simutrans:
/usr/local/bin/simutrans/

/usr/lib/simutrans/makeobj

Andarix

Quote from: prissi on December 12, 2020, 12:16:40 PMI think Ubuntu patched simutrans to save them there. It is no my doing ...

Debian

Ubuntu include Debian package by deb package

mahtovid

I think they are in "My files", subfolder "simutrans", inside that, "save".  get-vidmate.com instasave.onl