News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Just testing

Started by Isaac Eiland-Hall, May 22, 2015, 01:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kierongreen

Regarding lack of development - I for one just have had a fair bit on the last few months (or years even). Yes it may be that come the winter months I might have more time for Simutrans, then again, I might not. I'm someone who is naturally drawn to improving the visual aspects of the gameplay - things that stand out at the moment for me are: bridges/elevated ways, viewports, cliffs dependent on climate, realistic climate generation on maps and industry and city placement linked to resources. I could even dig out an old patch I had to have slope views for vehicles which was rejected about 10 years ago... I couldn't tell you whether any of these would be before the end of the year even though.

It should be said that Simutrans is a mature game - we've had a playable game for years now so the incentive for changing it for changes sake is low, fixing bugs should be the priority.

gauthier

QuoteI'm someone who is naturally drawn to improving the visual aspects of the gameplay
Some months ago I posted a report about glitches when attempting to make stations taller than one tile. I was told my source image should take into account some specifications of the display algorithm ... after several tries (and hours wasted) I was still unable to do so. In my opinion this glitch was caused by a fundamental inconsistency (it's inconsistent only in my opinion, it's a good choice in the coder's opinion) of the display code, which basically, in a local point of view, draws frontimage of tile A before backimage of tile B even if A is north and/or west to B. It's also fairly easy to find other glitches resulting of that inconsistency.

I assume this was done so to avoid other difficulties with displaying vehicles which are on two tiles simultaneously.

Maybe you could take a look ? :D