News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

A Few Addons

Started by Octopusbeak, June 29, 2015, 03:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octopusbeak

I've been playing pak128.japan, and I've been inspired to make some addons for it. I really like the visual style, so I am trying to make some of the missing vehicles/buildings to match the rest of the pakset. Currently working on a fishing vessel/category 4 ship. Of course, talk is cheap, but I will post things as I finish them for feedback and sharing. I have some questions before I get too deep into this, which may save me some tears. Answer one or all, or link me to useful info, I really appreciate your help!

-MakeObject: I have mac OS right now, so I cannot use makeobj. I will change to Linux if I have to, in order to create the .pak files. Assuming it's not too difficult, would someone else be willing to take the finished images (provided that they are nice) and vehicle parameters, and turn them into a game object for me and others?

-Scaling: Is there a fixed standard scale for pak128.japan? So far I've been scaling the drawings to existing objects, but it'd be nice to know a (pixels wide) : (meters) ratio or a (pixels diagonally) : (meters) ratio.

-Directions: There will be a total of eight drawings for a vehicle, and four drawings for a building, correct?

-Day/Night Special Colors: I've been drawing with this guide to colors. If I use the "Day Colors" in an object, will they automatically become the "Night Colors" as the in-game brightness decreases? If so, is there a way to test this, visually, without making the object and placing it in-game?

-Object Requests: If anyone has suggestions for vehicles/buildings to draw, I'm open to them.

Thanks so much!

gauthier

Quote-Directions: There will be a total of eight drawings for a vehicle, and four drawings for a building, correct?
Depends on the building's type, it can be 1 for simplest citybuildings, up to 16 for most complex stations.

Quote-Day/Night Special Colors: I've been drawing with this guide to colors. If I use the "Day Colors" in an object, will they automatically become the "Night Colors" as the in-game brightness decreases? If so, is there a way to test this, visually, without making the object and placing it in-game?
You have to use day colors in your image, they will change automatically at night. Take care not to leave unwanted special color pixels in your image.

prissi

There should be a makeobj for Mac. But you can use the online tool for first trials too:
http://simutrans-germany.com/online_dat/index.php?lang=en&page=home

Octopusbeak

Quoteup to 16 for most complex stations
L / R side of way = 2
Directions of way = 2
View angles = 4

2 * 2 * 4 = 16

Is that how there can be 16 images?

Thanks for the help with day/night colors-

QuoteThere should be a makeobj for Mac
I'll look harder. I also need to figure out how to register in order to use the online one...

gauthier

About stations: not exactly, see here for all options. About other buildings, see here too.