News:

Simutrans.com Portal
Our Simutrans site. You can find everything about Simutrans from here.

Plane pak renewal

Started by Zeno, February 07, 2009, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeno

I've finally finished the renewal of my old plane pak. I've made some planes (Airbus ones) in player color version; as I wasn't totally convinced with the result, I decided to keep Boeing liveries as they were. Anyway, they may seem to be out of scale. It's true; they've been painted using an own different scale, non-linear, which makes small planes a little bigger. I'll explain in detail if you want and ask me for.

So you may use this new pak or keep using the old one, that's your decision. The only difference is this pak includes a new Airbus A330 with Swiss Air livery for passenger service. All other models are the same. What is true is that these new ones are much more detailed: they have all night view and red/green/rear lights (and haven't few unwanted and rebel pixels and shadows).
I've now added new versions for all previous models which already were in the official pak with this exceptions:
Hibari planes: Because I don't know them, I don't see any interest on them, and never missed them. If someone has special interest on a renewal of these models, ask it and I may consider it.
Rvg G5-Posttaxi: I see no interest in this plane, as long as there are some post-service planes new to the pak which can replace it. Same as before, ask for it if you think it's worthy.

So, if you want to make a try, here it is. Hope you all like it :)

Tuned prices and costs specially for older planes in order to make the set playable also in early years using cronology
>>> DOWNLOAD <<< COMPLETE Plane Pakset v1.1 (updated RC/Cost)
This file contains all plane models I made for Pak128, so if you download this, you don't need any other file from my plane set.
Please, report any bugs and issues from both graphics and data by posting in this thread. Thanks!

If you need a single plane pakfile, you can find by digging into this thread, or you can download the full pakset and use makeobj with the extract command to get all single files from it.

PS: Note those who currently use my old paks, you can remove both files (A and B paks). This new one replaces both of them.Note this pakset contains ALL my previous plane creations, so delete (or take out from the pak folder) the old ones if you don't want to get repeated vehicles.

Download is no longer available. Download the OpenPak128 instead, which includes all this airplanes, in the nightly downloads page.

ariarinen

I like this one better, I like the scale now I can see the 737  ::). And the A330 is nice and now the 777 is in the right size.
And the price is better now as well.

And now the Airbus planes are almost all done just the A350 left, and maybe 4 Boeing planes the 747, 757, 767, 787 left. But small RJ planes would also be fun to have and maybe some MD's 

Zeno

I'm glad you like it. I'll focus now in extending the timeline, so next planes will be before 1955. When all timeline is continuus (models on all ages), then I'll try to complete with alternative models; so I think boeings will have to wait a while ;)
Btw, A350 is still a prototype, isn't it?

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on February 08, 2009, 01:40:04 PM
I'm glad you like it. I'll focus now in extending the timeline, so next planes will be before 1955. When all timeline is continuus (models on all ages), then I'll try to complete with alternative models; so I think boeings will have to wait a while ;)
Btw, A350 is still a prototype, isn't it?
Pre 1955 is good to get older planes to, Sud Aviation Caravelle and de Havilland Comet seems nice maybe some DC piston power or the Lockheed Super Constellation (maybe the Lockheed would be better as it has some history largest order in that time  ::)).

A350 is in late development I don't if they made a prototype yet, but one should be done soon when the first flight is in 2011. But when its done it will beat the 787  8) I don't really care for the Boeing's I like Airbus, but they have a few good ones like the 757 and 777  ::) 

For later expansion of the timeline
http://www.departure2093.com/en/future_fleet_images/?id=20   

Zeno

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on February 09, 2009, 12:32:52 PM
Nice futuristic models there!! I like :)
Yes they are the  A600–850 M seems nice

vilvoh

They're really interesting for a possible planes from the future pak...  ::)

P.S: My favourite one is Finnair A1700-2400 Cruiser

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

ariarinen

Quote from: vilvoh on February 09, 2009, 01:41:25 PM
They're really interesting for a possible planes from the future pak...  ::)

P.S: My favourite one is Finnair A1700-2400 Cruiser
I like that one also but its slow, the A600 are both big and super fast  ::)

vilvoh

Perhaps I may make some (or all) of them for a future passengers pak. They doesn't seem difficult to model in Blender. Just give me some time... ;)

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Midnight

You don't want to make the beluga to complete tour collection of European planes? ^^

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4c/Airbus_Beluga.jpg

However your pack is really great, but since the scale is not linear (i haven't say not the same as Simu vanilla) i guess we'll never see it in Simu128.
I say that cause I've take a close look at some element from simu 128 and Boeing 747 don't seems to be at scale compared to some buildings/Trucks so ...
And because there are some planes in base pack that just don't look great, (all airbuses) and would be good to have yours in :)

Fabio

A plane i LOVE to take is the Bombardier CRJ 900, small, but very comfortable

http://www.crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/specifications.jsp?langId=en&crjId=900

ariarinen

Quote from: fabio on February 13, 2009, 06:34:22 AM
A plane i LOVE to take is the Bombardier CRJ 900, small, but very comfortable

http://www.crj.bombardier.com/CRJ/en/specifications.jsp?langId=en&crjId=900

The CRJ would be fun to have, but I find Embraer E-jets to be more comfortable as it has roomier cabin. The CRJ did get a plus do for it had a bit less noise in the front, where I was seated. But I would like both they both look great

E-190 in the jungle just out from the factory
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Finnair/Embraer%20ERJ-190-100LR%20190LR/1152766/M

E-190 in the cold
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Finnair/Embraer-ERJ-190-100LR-190LR/1464678/M/

Zeno

Fist of all, thanks for your ideas/opinions/feedback. I really appreciate it!

Well, I continue with the plane renewal as planned. Now it's turn for the Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation.
Was produced by Lockheed from 1943 to 1958, for a total of 856 units built (info at wikipedia).
I've reproduced the Trans World Airlines (TWA), with night windows and position lights. Hope you like & enjoy it. :)

VS

Well, as I keep thinking, every day is at least one reason to go "wow" other than Vista ;)

My projects... Tools for messing with Simutrans graphics. Graphic archive - templates and some other stuff for painters. Development logs for most recent information on what is going on. And of course pak128!

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on February 19, 2009, 09:47:06 PM
Fist of all, thanks for your ideas/opinions/feedback. I really appreciate it!

Well, I continue with the plane renewal as planned. Now it's turn for the Lockheed L-1049G Super Constellation.
Was produced by Lockheed from 1943 to 1958, for a total of 856 units built (info at wikipedia).
I've reproduced the Trans World Airlines (TWA), with night windows and position lights. Hope you like & enjoy it. :)
Its nice, and I think its has the fastest turn around time of the planes I have in my fleet.

And I like that its has the skin of the launch/intro customer.     

Zeno

This is the de Havilland Comet. This aircraft's main characteristic is the engine-system. As the wiki says, it has four turbojet engines buried in the wings close to the fuselage.
I reproduced it with BOAC livery, which was the first company to fly it. Flew civil airlines from 1952 to 1981. Hope you like it.

jamespetts

Looking very good! I might have asked before and forgotten the answer (and if so, apologies), but do you plan to make these open source?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

Zeno

Quote from: jamespetts on February 22, 2009, 10:13:05 AM
... do you plan to make these open source?
Yes, I will make all sources available when the pak is complete. I even may release some "white" graphics (without livery), so other liveries can be painted on.

jamespetts

Excellent - I shall look forward!

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

The Hood

Quote from: Zeno on February 22, 2009, 10:40:38 AM
Yes, I will make all sources available when the pak is complete. I even may release some "white" graphics (without livery), so other liveries can be painted on.

That sounds like a good idea - I would eventually like to include planes in pakBritain but I don't know a lot about planes and it would be a lot of work to draw them all again.  If possible I would consider using your pak (re-balanced, and would need re-painting slightly to fit PakBritain colour style, and probably all British airline branding!).  Are they from blender?

jamespetts

Quote from: The Hood on February 22, 2009, 12:25:28 PM
That sounds like a good idea - I would eventually like to include planes in pakBritain but I don't know a lot about planes and it would be a lot of work to draw them all again.  If possible I would consider using your pak (re-balanced, and would need re-painting slightly to fit PakBritain colour style, and probably all British airline branding!).  Are they from blender?

That was on my mind, too... ;-) Since aircraft are international, there is no need to have British specific examples for PakBritain as there is with trains...

Zeno

That sounds like a good idea - I would eventually like to include planes in pakBritain but I don't know a lot about planes and it would be a lot of work to draw them all again.
Well, that's the idea of open source license... isn't it? ;)
Are they from blender?
Yes, all of them are made using blender. In most I used blender UV-Mapping to apply textures and liveries; but Constellation, f.i., is rendered in all-white texture, and hand-painted over it. What you need to know is that all of them are rendered in 176 pixel sized tile.

Zeno

This one needs no presentation. First of all a bit of history:
On january 21st 1976 made its first flights, London-Bahrain and Paris-Río. On july 25th 2000 there was the first and only Concorde accident: Air France flight no.4590 crashed while taking off at Gonesse, north of Paris. 113 (most german) perished (my condolences). The accident and huge running costs leaded to the Concorde's end. On may 2003 it flight for the last time...

But not in Simutrans! Wanna fly a Concorde? Just copy the pak ;D

Max Cheng

It's looking good!
But i think the nose might be too long.

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on February 22, 2009, 04:29:49 PM
This one needs no presentation. First of all a bit of history:
On january 21st 1976 made its first flights, London-Bahrain and Paris-Río. On july 25th 2000 there was the first and only Concorde accident: Air France flight no.4590 crashed while taking off at Gonesse, north of Paris. 113 (most german) perished (my condolences). The accident and huge running costs leaded to the Concorde's end. On may 2003 it flight for the last time...

But not in Simutrans! Wanna fly a Concorde? Just copy the pak ;D
Parts was also a big part why it was retired, but at least it lasted longer then the copy Tupolev Tu-144. But its a nice plane and a replacement should not be so many years of, and this time it might even work when the plane will take 300 and fly at mach 5.   

And yes I want to fly concord but not with Air France  :P.   

The Hood

Quote from: Zeno on February 22, 2009, 01:06:12 PM
Well, that's the idea of open source license... isn't it? ;)Yes, all of them are made using blender. In most I used blender UV-Mapping to apply textures and liveries; but Constellation, f.i., is rendered in all-white texture, and hand-painted over it. What you need to know is that all of them are rendered in 176 pixel sized tile.
I would be interested in using these for pakBritain (you would get credits!) but they may well need re-scaling as well as re-painting - would you be prepared to let me have the blends if I did that?  (not right now, I haven't got enough time for the more urgent pakBritain stuff as it is!)

Zeno

Quote from: The Hood on February 23, 2009, 02:06:17 PM
I would be interested in using these for pakBritain (you would get credits!) but they may well need re-scaling as well as re-painting - would you be prepared to let me have the blends if I did that?
Ask me when you need them. All sources (including blends) are in safe place plus backup ;)

ariarinen

The Comet and super Constellation, might have to high operating cost. I can't make a profit with them at all, after flying back and fort one time I'm around -1400-1600. Edit also A320 and 737 and 727 are negative, but the widebodys works 

I have no problems with the other ones     

Midnight

Quote from: ariarinen on February 23, 2009, 11:46:26 AM

And yes I want to fly concord but not with Air France  :P

I hate air france too, (French people don't like Air France :D) but i must say planes painted in air France colors are really nice and make the concorde painted anything else would be a waste :/

ariarinen

Quote from: Midnight on March 04, 2009, 02:12:31 PM
I hate air france too, (French people don't like Air France :D) but i must say planes painted in air France colors are really nice and make the concorde painted anything else would be a waste :/
I think that I hate SAS (old MD-80) and just don't like air france as runner up  ::)
Yes it looks kinda a nice, but concorde in Oneworld colors would also have done the job. I like the air france colors most on the A340, but I think the A340 should go to Lufthansa as they are the largest operator of the type. 

jamespetts

What's wrong with AirFrance?

Zeno

Quote from: ariarinen on March 04, 2009, 03:40:03 PM
(...) but I think the A340 should go to Lufthansa as they are the largest operator of the type. 
You're probably right, but both were the first companies who flight the A340-300 (21st october 1991), and I decided to paint it with AF colors.
Btw, I think I haven't any one with Lufthansa livery. Wich one would you like me to paint? I've thought of the 747-200, which was flown firstly by Lufthansa in 1972.

Quote from: jamespetts on March 04, 2009, 08:13:20 PM
Mmmm... I don't know... maybe the font type is not fashion enough ;D

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on March 04, 2009, 09:18:35 PM
You're probably right, but both were the first companies who flight the A340-300 (21st october 1991), and I decided to paint it with AF colors.
Btw, I think I haven't any one with Lufthansa livery. Wich one would you like me to paint? I've thought of the 747-200, which was flown firstly by Lufthansa in 1972.
Mmmm... I don't know... maybe the font type is not fashion enough ;D
I like that you use the first companies to fly them, I think that the 737-300 is in lufthansa or ryanair livery. They will be launch customer for the new 747-800 next year, I like it better then 747-200.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lufthansa_747-830.jpg

I would rather get Md-11 or Airbus A350 in finnair livery  ::)  

Quote from: jamespetts on March 04, 2009, 08:13:20 PM
That they where late both times :P

Midnight

ariarinen

Quote from: Midnight on March 08, 2009, 12:43:27 AM
That they are always on strike? :D
yes they are, but I think that many other airlines in Southern Europe has the same problem  :D.