News:

Simutrans Tools
Know our tools that can help you to create add-ons, install and customize Simutrans.

Plane pak renewal

Started by Zeno, February 07, 2009, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

That they are always on strike? Cheesy

In France all is always on strike, especially them :
_ Air France
_ SNCF (French trains, TGV)
_ RATP (buses, metro)
_ EDF (Électricité de France, energy distribution)
_ street sweepers
_ the post

But the problem comes from syndicates, (CGT, FO, ...) they have always a problem and show the president for that !
I think France is the country where they are the most strikes ...

ariarinen

Quote from: gauthier on March 08, 2009, 10:30:37 AM
In France all is always on strike, especially them :
_ Air France
_ SNCF (French trains, TGV)
_ RATP (buses, metro)
_ EDF (Électricité de France, energy distribution)
_ street sweepers
_ the post

But the problem comes from syndicates, (CGT, FO, ...) they have always a problem and show the president for that !
I think France is the country where they are the most strikes ...
How about Italy, they are on strike like once a day also.

Zeno

My last adquisition is the Fokker F27. I've painted a passenger version using an old styled TAA livery (one of its first operators), and a mail version using a custom yellowish livery. I've had no time to test it very much (only the passenger version a bit), so any comments and bug reports are welcome! Hope you like it.
Edid: Changed image by an in-game screenshot!

sojo

Hi Zeno.

For presentation a so brighty vehicle you can make a second picture with a nice background-color. For example like this:

TV-Tower from A. Brose.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Zeno

Quote from: sojo on March 27, 2009, 01:25:30 PM
For presentation a so brighty vehicle you can make a second picture with a nice background-color. For example like this:
Well. Thanks for the idea, I will change the background on next ones. Anyway I usually get in-game pictures, but today I can't run Simutrans until I get back home, so I put a couple of images from the vehicle render :P

Alex. Brose

Argh... Sven, the following presentation picture is much better.  ;D

Zeno: in-game picuteres are the best. :)

sojo

I have worked on the picture from top.
"English is a easy language. But not for me." ;) sojo

follow simutrans_de on Twitter
- A home for Simutrans (in german)

Zeno

Thanks sojo. I like that one!
Tonight I may take some in-game pics ;)

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on March 27, 2009, 12:40:37 PM
My last adquisition is the Fokker F27. I've painted a passenger version using an old styled TAA livery (one of its first operators), and a mail version using a custom yellowish livery. I've had no time to test it very much (only the passenger version a bit), so any comments and bug reports are welcome! Hope you like it.

Nice plane, I like the F-27. In the same category but a generation or two newer the Saab 340 or 2000 would be nice especially the 2000 (one of the fastest turboprops in the world) would be nice to have

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Blue1/Saab-2000/1064670/M/
http://www.airliners.net/photo/Blue1/Saab-2000/1090593/M/

Possible bug might be the cost, even do I fly full plane all the time I can't do a profit. if the price would be set closer to 2 it would be possible.

Edit a freighter edition would be nice to have     

Zeno

@Ariarinen: I'm glad you have new ideas but I must say despite I like a lot the Saab 2000 and I have it in mind for a long time, at the moment I won't work in any new models but replacing current ones. Btw, DC-10, 747s, W8B, Rocco, and a couple of freighters (C130 & IL76 I think) are left. Most of them (maybe all) are already modelled in blender, waiting for a texturing session. When finished, I may start adding new models to the game.

Anyway, here's the Junkers Ju-52. Mainly was used for militar purposes during 2WW by the Luftwaffe, but it was also used as passenger liner and for mail transport. They were built between 1930 and 1952, for a total of 4845 units. I've painted it in the original Lufthansa D-AQUI livery worn in 1936 (you can take a look on it in the wikipedia). I also leave here an in-game capture ;)

Added the very well known Douglas DC-3. That's the most succesful not jet-engined plane ever. Even today there are some flying, more than 75 years after the first one was built. It's painted with KLM original livery it had in 1939, and there is only a passenger version. Also you can take a look at the original one just googling or in the wikipedia. Hope you like them.

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on April 04, 2009, 09:24:41 PM
@Ariarinen: I'm glad you have new ideas but I must say despite I like a lot the Saab 2000 and I have it in mind for a long time, at the moment I won't work in any new models but replacing current ones. Btw, DC-10, 747s, W8B, Rocco, and a couple of freighters (C130 & IL76 I think) are left. Most of them (maybe all) are already modelled in blender, waiting for a texturing session. When finished, I may start adding new models to the game.
That sounds good, I like the DC-10 and 747   8)

Zeno

Meanwhile, here's the Rohrbach Rocco seaplane. There was only one built ever, and it was used «by the Deutsche Luft Hansa for the Travemünde to Oslo route» (extracted from the wikipedia). I've tryed to reproduce its original livery using some pics as reference. Hope you like it.

prissi

He, I live next to the factory (actually the rorbach factory was partly destroyed in WWII and teared down 2006 to built a park. The factory was actually not close to any seaplane worthy water body ...

Zeno

Wow! It's a pity it didn't become a museum (despite a park is also a good idea).
I'm wondering if a some canal next to the taxiway would do the thing for this seaplanes ;D

Zeno

Another plane is ready. This is the C-130 Hercules from Lockheed. It's been constructed since 1956, and it's still in production. It's basically used for military and humanitary mission transports. I've used a custom livery for simutrans, orange/red for boxed goods and blue for cooled transport. Happy transporting ;)

micslu

Great - we can now have Simutrans humanitarian missions!
Jamespetts - can you work this into your code  ;D

Nice planes - I'm looking forward to the whole series!!

(edit: spelled jamespetts wrong  >:()

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on April 08, 2009, 08:49:40 PM
Another plane is ready. This is the C-130 Hercules from Lockheed. It's been constructed since 1956, and it's still in production. It's basically used for military and humanitary mission transports. I've used a custom livery for simutrans, orange/red for boxed goods and blue for cooled transport. Happy transporting ;)

Nice planes I like the blue one because price of 813 and color, the orange one is so expensive when it cost 68520.  ::)

Zeno

Quote from: ariarinen on April 09, 2009, 12:44:28 PM
Nice planes I like the blue one because price of 813 and color, the orange one is so expensive when it cost 68520.  ::)
Sorry for that mistake, now it's corrected! Thanks for the feedback ariarinen, now you can purchase it happily for only 81300 cr ;D

Ok guys, time for some news:
The Handley Page W Type (W8B), a biplane operated by Imperial Airways for the route Paris-Brussels in early 20s. With capacity for 12 passengers it was one of the very first air-liners.
Also comes here the Ilyushin IL-76 Candid, a russian cargo plane from second half of 20th century. Capable of carrying 50 tonnes at 800 km/h over 3500 km and some models even further. It's the most widely used specific cargo ship with almost 1000 units built.
Please report any issues you find! Hope you enjoy them :)

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on April 09, 2009, 04:30:45 PM
Sorry for that mistake, now it's corrected! Thanks for the feedback ariarinen, now you can purchase it happily for only 81300 cr ;D

Ok guys, time for some news:
The Handley Page W Type (W8B), a biplane operated by Imperial Airways for the route Paris-Brussels in early 20s. With capacity for 12 passengers it was one of the very first air-liners.
Also comes here the Ilyushin IL-76 Candid, a russian cargo plane from second half of 20th century. Capable of carrying 50 tonnes at 800 km/h over 3500 km and some models even further. It's the most widely used specific cargo ship with almost 1000 units built.
Please report any issues you find! Hope you enjoy them :)

For that price a rather purchase IL-76   ::)

Zeno

Quote from: ariarinen on April 10, 2009, 10:41:05 AM
For that price a rather purchase IL-76   ::)
Of course you're free to buy the one you like most ;)

Btw, I'm presenting the remake for the McDonnell Douglas DC-10, a tri-engined jet built from 1971 to 1988. There were built 386 units of the passenger version. This time I've used United Airlines livery, who were the first to order it together with American Airlines (whose already have a plane in my pak, so I decided for UA). Hope you like it!

The Hood

Quote from: Zeno on April 10, 2009, 11:20:37 AM
Hope you like it!

Yes!  I especially like the slightly less bright white on the plane - less dazzling!  Is there anywhere to download all of the planes in one go?

Zeno

Quote from: The Hood on April 10, 2009, 11:40:36 AM
Yes!  I especially like the slightly less bright white on the plane - less dazzling!  Is there anywhere to download all of the planes in one go?
Well, it's not white. Actually it's grey :D
At the moment there isn't a full download available. Anyway, if you wait a little bit, I'll finish the 747-200 and 747-400 probably this afternoon and then release the full pak ;)

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on April 10, 2009, 11:20:37 AM
Of course you're free to buy the one you like most ;)

Btw, I'm presenting the remake for the McDonnell Douglas DC-10, a tri-engined jet built from 1971 to 1988. There were built 386 units of the passenger version. This time I've used United Airlines livery, who were the first to order it together with American Airlines (whose already have a plane in my pak, so I decided for UA). Hope you like it!

Well I use the IL-76 and A380F and AI use the C-130.  

The DC-11 seems nice, will there be a MD-11?.

The Hood

Oh, OK, I like it anyway.  I find the all white ones very bright on my computer (and also a bit too bright for PakBritain).  Either way it's really great to have such a large set of consistent planes in pak128 - something that's been missing for a while...

Zeno

Ok. The 747-200 is finished in all its three current verions: passenger, mail and cargo services. I've used custom liveries for mail an cargo ones, while the passenger version is painted with China Airlines livery, as a small tribute for the Flight 611 crew & passengers, who lost their lives in 2002. It was the last 747-200 of China Airlines fleet.
I'll work now in the 747-400 which will be painted in Lufthansa colors.

Edit: Ooooops! Thanks to Vilvoh for the DC-10 and 747 blender models!!! :P

Zeno

Well, I must stop working on this before I become mad (even more!).
But first, at the end of quite a productive day, I leave here the Boeing 747-400. It's a modification done to the original 747-200 which made the higher cabin (747 characteristic) a bit longer, and raised a little its wingspan also. It entered service in February 1989 and it's currently in service, to be replaced by the new modification 747-800. I've painted it using Lufthansa livery, which is one of its primary users.
For those who want to take the full pakset in a single file, I'll upload it now and attach it at the very first message of this post. Hope you like & enjoy it :)

Zeno

I've made a review of costs in the pak, specially running costs of older planes, to make the pakset also playable for early years in cronology games. Now you can make some profit with DC-3, Constellation, Junkers and other old planes. Despite you can think now they seem to be much more profitable, beware at the airport maintenance costs, which are huge, and as consequence the profit isn't as high as you thought! ;)
Please, report any bug/issue/idea in this post. Thanks!

I've updated the main link, so you can download it at the first post of this topic.

Mac_#71

I looked into the thread very well but I didn't see the CRJ900.
is it still a "work in progress" or what?

please answer me because I love that plane! :-)
La supposizione è la madre di TUUUTTE le stronzate...
Ricordatevelo!

The assumption is the mother of ALL the **** ...
Remember!

Zeno

I'm sorry the pak is now at "stand by" mode. But I can add it to the to-do list, where there are some more boeings and douglas to complete the current pak plus some smaller modern planes (the CRJ900 can be one of them).
From now I'll spend my time on pak balancing and the going-open-source process, so I'm afraid the planes will be stopped for a while.

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on May 02, 2009, 09:44:45 AM
I'm sorry the pak is now at "stand by" mode. But I can add it to the to-do list, where there are some more boeings and douglas to complete the current pak plus some smaller modern planes (the CRJ900 can be one of them).
From now I'll spend my time on pak balancing and the going-open-source process, so I'm afraid the planes will be stopped for a while.
How about MD-80/90 to the to-do list also? the MD-90 could fall in to modern small planes.
And who about the market leader Embraer E-Jet? will it be among the smaller modern planes
Also replacement for the 727 would be nice like 727 -> 757 to A321    

Matthi205

Some planes for the earlier years:
Dornier Do X Water Plane     12 props,100 people,around 1934
Dornier Do 3 (first Lufthansa plane)    1 prop,20 people,around 1930
The Green Mage of Darkness living in the summer hell and in the country where it snows till May with -21 *C  ;D

ariarinen

I just noticed that:

Info on the 737-300 is wrong, the intro date is not 1968 but    November 28, 1984.
The 737-100 and 200 was the ones flying in 1968.   

Zeno

Yes, I know it's wrong, and it may apply to all the planes in the pak.

That is because I decided to use the family intro date for those planes which only are represented by one model (which are most). I know it's not a very real thing, but I thought that was the best way for introduction dates to fit best in Simutrans.

Anyway, suggestions are accepted, as always :)

ariarinen

Quote from: Zeno on July 10, 2009, 07:51:53 AM
Yes, I know it's wrong, and it may apply to all the planes in the pak.

That is because I decided to use the family intro date for those planes which only are represented by one model (which are most). I know it's not a very real thing, but I thought that was the best way for introduction dates to fit best in Simutrans.

Anyway, suggestions are accepted, as always :)

Ah, well I saw that the 747 family had own intro-dates. And the original 737 has close to nothing in common with the classic/NG models other then the name. For most models it works well the current system as the improvements is often limited to size and engines and fuel and just a few years of etch other. But its not a problem I use the A320 most of the time so I barely notice  ::)   

DC-9/MD-80/90 family would be nice to have the sold really well and is still a workhorse in many fleets. And the 3 missing Boeing's 757, 767, 777, and some RJ like E-170/190.     

Zeno

Quote from: ariarinen on July 10, 2009, 05:15:39 PM
And the 3 missing Boeing's 757, 767, 777, and some RJ like E-170/190.     
I guess you mean 757, 767 and 787. The 777 was painted with ANA livery, and it's one of my favourite!!  ;)

Btw, those you comment were the next in my todo list, but I'm starting another project so I'll only paint more planes as an unusual work, as the plane pak has now the "stand by" status.
I'm sorry, but other things are more important now (like ships and balancing). But I promise I will bring some surprises later on :)