News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

r7517: bridges'pillars destroying [finally not a bug, false alarm, sorry]

Started by gauthier, July 25, 2015, 05:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

(120.0.1 r7517 win7 pak128 2.5.2)

As seen on the picture, when I destroy pillars of this bridge (those which are built on the road), only the lower half pillar is destroyed.

Ters

That's probably because that upper part of the pillar is part of the bridge deck image. It's the same with pak64's viaduct, but not it's high speed rail bridge. (That one can delete the pillars of the former is kind of a misfeature.) That is, unless something has changed since your 6 month old Simutrans version (but I can't see anything that looks related when taking a quick look at the revision log).

DrSuperGood

This should not be possible for the logical reason of pillar bridges needing pillars otherwise they fall down (people want it to look vaguely realistic).

A better solution would be way compatibility graphics for bridge supports so that they look good when built over ways (no pillar in the middle of the track). However I understand that is very difficult to implement.

gauthier

Quote from: Ters on July 25, 2015, 09:16:45 AM
That's probably because that upper part of the pillar is part of the bridge deck image. It's the same with pak64's viaduct, but not it's high speed rail bridge. (That one can delete the pillars of the former is kind of a misfeature.) That is, unless something has changed since your 6 month old Simutrans version (but I can't see anything that looks related when taking a quick look at the revision log).
Indeed, this piece of pillar is part of the bridge deck image, I didn't even notice that ... So it's a glitch from pak128 images. Oh and I updated my Simutrans version since the other time ;)

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I'm not sure it's a glitch as much as perhaps a limitation? But I don't know if it could have all been drawn as a part of the pillar (and so the artist just didn't realize or whatever) or if the image space didn't allow for it... :)

Ters

If the pillar is drawn after the bridge back image, then you need some front image to cover it up. Pak64's high speed rail bridge has such a front image, and pillars as entirely separate images (as far as I remember seeing).