News:

Simutrans Sites
Know our official sites. Find tools and resources for Simutrans.

pak32.comic - needs Locos

Started by mobo, November 27, 2009, 12:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobo

Pak 32 needs more locos and other rail vehicles.

I've shortened the existing rail vehicles to avoid these graphic bugs when passing under Bridges etc. The maximum length that doesn't cause bugs is about 12 (like in other sets). I've also aligned them again and hope it's final this time.

us (site down, do not visit) ]/image/show/e6RE1MzFqZ/p32rail.png]

In the image you see a length 8 passengercar in the first row and the longer version (length 12) below. 2 electric locos from me that I've shortened. and 2 very nice modern diesel locos from Alexander Brose which i also cut together until they fit.

You can use the image as template.

The vehicles don't need to have real life references, you can draw whatever you like.

I'm looking forward to your creations.

MoTw

I hope you like this one:
Finnish High-Speed-Train, Sm3 or "Pendolino".

EDIT2: I think it's correct now.
world is like a parachute: it works better when it's open
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

mobo

Wow, yeah that looks pretty nice. I will include it.

MoTw

Great! :D

Maybe I'll paint more trains. But I haven't got much time now.  :-[
whenever you feel lost and alone, always remember your calculator is something you can count on
pak96.comic addons

MoTw

I made a new one: Dm12. Also finnish, no high-speed-train but a regional "Railcar"

Hope you like it.

MoTw

P.S. I didn't correct special colors yet so there might be mistakes
pak96.comic addons

mobo

Cool.

I must admit i haven't completely included the last one yet, i got a first running version but i still need to fix some little alignment flaws.

This one is really nice too, but i cant enforce this "can only be coupled 3 times rule". There is a way to make it run "alone only" or to make it only couple with certain vehicles (also itself). But there is no way to determine how many times it can be coupled in game. Except if you make three different vehicles out of it, but i dont really like that idea.

MoTw

Quote from: mobo on November 29, 2009, 09:28:01 PM
This one is really nice too, but i cant enforce this "can only be coupled 3 times rule". There is a way to make it run "alone only" or to make it only couple with certain vehicles (also itself). But there is no way to determine how many times it can be coupled in game. Except if you make three different vehicles out of it, but i dont really like that idea.

Well, it was not meant as a "rule", just as a detail how it is handled in real life. I'd prefer running alone ingame because Dm12 in RL is running on low-density lines (e.g. Ylivieska-Iisalmi or Joensuu-Nurmes) and two Dm12 are only coupled at peak.

MoTw.

Three new trains on the way...
(two of them are complete: One regional train and one electric locomotive)

But I haven't made a decision about the third train yet: What do you prefer: A regional train-coach or a locomotive? EDIT: I made a decision... hopefully I'll finish it soon!

P.S. If you have problems with datas of Sm3 or Dm12, go here: http://www.vr.fi/eng/vaunukuvasto.php#a4 (english).

Just click "Regional train (Railcar)" or scroll up to see Sm3 (Pendolino)
pak96.comic addons

MoTw

Three new trains:

a) Sm1   - regional train, used in "Greater Helsinki"
b) Sr1    - electric locomotive, used in front of passenger and good trains
c) Dm10 - old regional train, was used on low-density lines (as now Dm12)
pak96.comic addons

mobo

Ah cool three new! Sorry weren't online the last few days. Will take a closer look tomorrow.

update: Ok i got them all running now. still need to adjust some dat parameters, and balance the costs somehow.

MoTw

Quote from: mobo on December 04, 2009, 11:14:27 PM
Ah cool three new! Sorry weren't online the last few days. Will take a closer look tomorrow.

update: Ok i got them all running now. still need to adjust some dat parameters, and balance the costs somehow.

Great :D

May you upload the pak-files when everything's ready (or will there be a completely new p32c release soon?)?
pak96.comic addons

mobo

Yes, here is a zip of the whole set. I put in the data i found on the interweb, but most of the trains hardly reach their top speed, seems like I need to use some gear values. Prices are also only roughly estimated. All in all i called it beta because it's even more messed up than the previous versions  ;)

us (site down, do not visit) ]/files/get/K3C_X_MF8f/pak32c06-12-09-beta.zip]http://files.[ simutrans [dot] us (site down, do not visit) ]/files/get/K3C_X_MF8f/pak32c06-12-09-beta.zip.