News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

Sorting by climate in "Build Urban Building" window

Started by Leartin, August 26, 2015, 06:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leartin

When placing city buildings manually, when you choose "use timeline year", only buildings of the appropriate time period you are currently in are shown in the list. The button "ignore climates" does not have similar functionality - obviously, the game can't read your mind and know where you want to build.

Even so, every other button on that window actually changes which buildings are on the list. I think it would be appropriate to change "ignore climate" to be something like "Show only one climate" with a dropdown menu to choose which climate to show.

Ters

I think "ignore climate" is to override the check that prohibits you from placing buildings in the wrong climate. If that is indeed the case, then it should remain as it is. But a filter in addition sounds like a good idea.

Leartin

It is, but I think you could do without it and just override the check for manually placed buildings, since filtering in advance does essentially the same as not using the override, and not filtering is the same as overriding.

Ters

Quote from: Leartin on August 26, 2015, 07:29:26 PM
It is, but I think you could do without it and just override the check for manually placed buildings, since filtering in advance does essentially the same as not using the override, and not filtering is the same as overriding.

But what if you want to filter, yet not accidentally place a building where it doesn't belong when a city spans multiple climates? Perhaps not what one cares the most for, I'll admit, but it might actually be easier to let the button be, than try to dig out everything associated with it. Perhaps best to leave it up to the one who starts to look at adding the filter whether it is worth it removing the ignore climate button.