News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Blinking simutrans

Started by Lewis, September 11, 2015, 04:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis

for the past year I've been building a map putting 50+ hours into and just recently the game blinks and then freezes then goes black then comes back over and over again please help my map needs me

Ters

Which version of Simutrans are you using? Have you upgraded recently? How big is your map? Do you zoom out? What kind of computer do you have? Which OS? What is the screen resolution and how much of it is occupied by Simutrans?

Lewis

I am using the most recent version of simutrans as i decided to delete an older version as that was blinking and then again the new one is, i cant even load maps, i cant zoom out, i have a
Zoostorm Home Media Desktop ACPI x64-based PC on windows 8 with a AOC 2250
monitor on 1920X1080 i think? i run most games on that, Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 1C02, Intel Processor i3-3240 cpu @3.40GHz, Intel(R) H61 Express Chipset Family LPC Interface Controller - 1C5C and a Xeon(R) processor E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller - 0150.

Thats it i think im not the best with computers so i have no idea what you need, simutrans occupies most of the screen but even in its small start window it does the same

Ters

By default, the installer installs the GDI version. Could you try to see if the SDL version behaves the same. (Unfortunately, there is no Windows SDL nightly build, if you are using the nightlies. However, I don't think the nightlies have broken compatibility with 120.0.1 yet, so downgrading to test should be fine.) Other than that, I am leaning towards suspecting a display driver bug.

Lewis

Never used nightlies so lucky I don't care about that, will install the SDL when I get home

;D ;D ;D Thanks man, Your a legand

:( sadly wont work in experimental but that's not the normal simutans fault it works in normal simutrans though

jamespetts

Quote from: lewis on September 12, 2015, 02:37:09 PM
Never used nightlies so lucky I don't care about that, will install the SDL when I get home

;D ;D ;D Thanks man, Your a legand

:( sadly wont work in experimental but that's not the normal simutans fault it works in normal simutrans though

Is it Experimental that you are using, may I ask?
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jamespetts

Ahh, I see! In which case, can you let me know the version number that you are using and upload a saved game so that I can try to see what the problem is?

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Ters

I'd really prefer if people didn't move my posts to an Experimental board. It litters up "Show new replies to your posts" with discussion I'm not interested in participating. No offense meant against Experimental.

jamespetts

I presume that it was moved here because it was a report that turned out to be about Experimental, which would mean that it would not make sense to retain it in the other subforum.