News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Graphic help request

Started by gauthier, February 08, 2009, 03:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gauthier

In the topic High buildings of pak128 addons, I asked for someone to draw me something that I can't draw :D

Could someone draw me a sequoia ? (you know these giant trees ...).

I need a sequoia :
_ about 250 pixels high
_ about 56 pixels large for leafs
_ about 12 pixels large for trunk
_ if possible with appearant roots

If you can, it would be wonderful to have two or three different sequoias ;)

vilvoh

Perhaps, you may be interested in ngplant, a software for creating beautiful plant models and images.

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

gauthier

:o Your website is not very ... understandable for newbies ...

vilvoh

what website are you refering to?  ???

vilvoh

Ah! Ok, it's true. The program seems a little bit unfriendly. Anyway, it's not my website neither my program.. :)... Instead of that, you can also try gen3 blender's plugin.

gauthier

hum ... I'm really not for 3D programms, I just ask a tree, nobody can make ? :'(

The Hood

I do trees using gen3 as well.  But I'm not very good yet and not used to what all the settings do, so it would be just as quick for you to learn!

vilvoh

Completly agree with you.  Gen3 interface is not very intuitive, a bit overwhelming at the begining. It has a lot of options but when you dedicate some time to learn how it works, the results are really good.

gauthier

I just need a tree, I don't want to learn just for a tree ... I'm rather a pixel-art drawer.

vilvoh

But those skills may be usefull for you in a near future... ;)

Anyway I'll try to make something this weekend, but I don't promise anything. Btw, I've also found this software called arbaro, very similar to ngplant but perhaps with a much friendly interface. It allows you to create the tree model and then export it to render the scene with Blender, Povray, etc...

gauthier

:(

Currently I haven't the time and the envy to learn that ...

Waiting for your try ;)