News:

SimuTranslator
Make Simutrans speak your language.

[old bug, but check r7640] building by dragging starts on the wrong tile

Started by whoami, November 09, 2015, 01:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

Quite often, when building (ways, bridges, signals) by dragging, building does not start on the tile that I clicked on, but on the next tile in dragging direction - or even further on, if building is not possible before, but this makes sense by omitting tiles that cannot be built on. But mostly, it leads to gaps in ways and misplaced signals and bridge ends. This behaviour appeared a long time ago.

Ters

So it isn't just me! I commented on this once, but nobody seemed to have the same problem, so I assumed it was just me or something with my computer.

whoami

It does not happen every time, but very often, and I cannot see a rule behind it happening or not.

Vladki

I have seen this even on places with no obstacles at all. My observation was a jumpy mouse combined with zoom out and slow cpu. As if the first movement when dragging was ignored, allowing the pointer to jump over a few tiles before the action (building track, signals, whatever) began. A workaround is to hold the button a drag a little inside the start tile until you get the bulldozer icon. Only when bulldozer appears you can drag further out from the start tile.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Vladki is spot on. I was using a much slower computer for a long time, and I've noticed that it's directly bound to that. Faster computer = much less problem. Slower computer can be very off, so click and hold until the bulldozer appears, then drag. :)

whoami

That sounds like an explanation. And the remedy might be easy (I hope), because the location of the first click is known and is the one of the expected starting tile.

Dwachs

Which executables are affected? Win / Linux / SDL / GDI / etc. Does it affect all versions? Or is only one particular version afffected?
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and maggikraut.

Ters

My computer shouldn't be slow, nor do I zoom in or out. Maybe I'm a faster user? I use 32-bit self-compiled on 64-bit Windows.

whoami

An_dz

Quote from: whoami on November 10, 2015, 03:58:50 AM
Here: Windows 7 , with the Nightly (is that GDI?).
Yes, and if you want to confirm: SDL has its own cursor that's black.