News:

The Forum Rules and Guidelines
Our forum has Rules and Guidelines. Please, be kind and read them ;).

Factories dried up

Started by TungstenX, November 23, 2015, 04:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TungstenX

Hi All

I started off with lost of sheep and cattle farms but after less than a year they dried up.  Now I only have passengers and mail.  Any suggestions on how to get the farms going again?
Xuǝʇsƃun┴

Vladki

You should tell which pakset are you playing. But my guess is that the factory, where you deliver stuff from the farms (meat, livestock, wool, milk) has overloaded input. There will be no more deliveries until the factory processes the inputs. It might be necessary to complete the chain. Factories need all inputs to produce anything and you have to deliver the outputs to a shop or another factory.

DrSuperGood

I am guessing you are using Experimental. The current release version of Experimental and its accompanying pak128.britain have a bug regarding sheep farms, wool and clothing. Specifically they shut down and never get replaced as opposed to being upgraded which is meant to happen so they do dry up very quickly in 1800s.

James fixed this in later releases of the pakset however those are only compatible with the nightly version of experimental due to double height requirement and many other fixes.

TungstenX

Thank you for the response.  I'm playing pak128.Britain.  The slaughterhouse is also not producing meat and there is no meat waiting for the market...

On the first dialogue of the farm (e.g. sheep) it says:
- livestock 100/100head 100%
- wool 125/125 bags, piece goods, 100%

On the chart dialogue it says 0% produced for both for 0 - 11.  The cargo bay only shows passengers (bus stop next to it).
(The same happens for cattle, although I've seen some product 3 heads in a year :( )

BTW, where does one take the wool? The slaughterhouse?  My trucks could not pick it up.
Xuǝʇsƃun┴

Aquin

Wool in a slaughterhouse? Nahh, try a textilefactory  ;) But then there might not be any on your map (yet), you never start with all industry on the map.

Vladki

Quote from: TungstenX on November 23, 2015, 06:33:09 PM
Thank you for the response.  I'm playing pak128.Britain.  The slaughterhouse is also not producing meat and there is no meat waiting for the market...

maybe the market has too much meat on stock. AFAIK it has quite small input storage and consumption rate. Maybe you should deliver to more markets.

DrSuperGood

If you are running standard try turning on JIT2. This allows goods to flow all the time instead of in bottomless bursts.

TungstenX

Quote from: Vladki on November 23, 2015, 07:22:10 PM
maybe the market has too much meat on stock. AFAIK it has quite small input storage and consumption rate. Maybe you should deliver to more markets.

I only have one market

Quote from: DrSuperGood on November 23, 2015, 10:19:57 PM
If you are running standard try turning on JIT2. This allows goods to flow all the time instead of in bottomless bursts.

I don't think I'm running the standard...
Xuǝʇsƃun┴

Vladki

I hope you are sure what you are running. Exact info about simutrans version and pak version is essential for all bug reports.

Anyway check the info about the market if it has some meat on stock.

TungstenX

Quote from: TungstenX on November 23, 2015, 06:33:09 PM
....  I'm playing pak128.Britain...

I did say which version I'm running.  Do you have any idea why the sheep, cattle, fruit and vegetable farms aren't producing? The slaughterhouse is also not producing meat and the market is consuming nothing any more...
Xuǝʇsƃun┴

Ters

Quote from: TungstenX on November 25, 2015, 06:13:19 AM
I did say which version I'm running.

I can't find anywhere you've done so.

The Simutrans version should be plainly visible in the title bar, or whatever the corresponding is on whatever OS you are using. Alternatively, it's on the second line in Simutrans welcome screen (the one with the scrolling credits). Which version of pak128.Britain you are using is a bit harder to dig out apparently, although we might be able to make a good guess depending on which version of Simutrans you use.

TungstenX

Thank you for the response. My apologies, I confused pak with version

Ubuntu 14.04, Simutrans version 111.3.1.  Pak version:

#                Simutrans Scenario Specific Translation File                  #
#                           Scenario: pak128.britain                           #
#                             Language: en English                             #
#                             Encoding: ISO-8859-1                             #
#                            Font : Prop-Latin1.bdf                            #
#                           Date Created: 30.10 2011                           #

(Not double posting, answering this question)
Xuǝʇsƃun┴

prissi

That version is quite old, and did not contain JIT2.

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Quote from: TungstenX on November 25, 2015, 07:06:25 AM
(Not double posting, answering this question)

I'm sorry for the confusion - doubleposting is when you make a new post in a thread to which you already have the last post. So if you are in conversation with someone else, you might reply five minutes after their reply ­— as long as you don't have two posts in a :row: that are less than 24 hours apart, it's not a double post. :)

Apologies to the thread for the off-topic reply.

Vladki

Check if the slaughterhouse is still connected to market and farms.

Try loading the game in latest version of simutrans. Either release or nightly. And yes, you run standard.

TungstenX

@Isaac.Eiland-Hall  thank you for clearing it up.

@Vladki I had a line between the slaughterhouse and the market but I sold the truck that serviced it.  When I added a truck, it showed crates waiting.  I'm hoping the same will happen for the cattle...
Xuǝʇsƃun┴