News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

[new airplane] Douglas DC4

Started by Milko, December 22, 2015, 11:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milko

Hello

Here the Douglas DC4.

The cargo versions are brown, in memory of the fact that this aircraft was used a lot during the war to transport troops and materials.
James, there's a pull request for you.

Unfortunately I did not arrive in time for the new release of Pak britain.

Giuseppe

jamespetts

Splendid! That is an excellent addition. Here are the English translation texts for it:

Douglas_DC4_BritishUnitedAirways
Douglas DC-4
Douglas_DC4_C54_CargoPiece
Douglas DC-4 (piece goods)
Douglas_DC4_C54_CargoCool
Douglas DC-4 (perishable goods)
Douglas_DC4_C54_Mail
Douglas DC-4 (mail)
Download Simutrans-Extended.

Want to help with development? See here for things to do for coding, and here for information on how to make graphics/objects.

Follow Simutrans-Extended on Facebook.

jameskuyper

I'd like to use Douglas_DC4_C54_CargoPiece and Douglas_DC4_C54_CargoCool as parts of an addon to pak128.germany for a Berlin Airlift scenario I'm working on. Should I make any changes to the *.dat file to port it to pak128.germany?
The Airlift included both raw milk and Coal, which count as "liquid food" and "bulk goods", respectively, in pak128.germany. I'm certain the DC-54 was used to haul coal, and it may have been used for the milk as well. Can I simply create versions of the plane capable of handling those goods by modifying the name and freight parameter, or should I make changes to some of the other parameters as well?
While the DC54, R5D, and C-4 were all very similar, and between them were the plane models most used in the Airlift, one of the main goods that was transported was Gasoline, and from what I've read I think that was more likely to have been transported by the Boeing C-97 Stratofreighter, so I still need one entirely new plane pak.

Milko

Hello Jameskuyper

My planes are free for all. You may modify and use as you want.

You have to modify plane name and type of good, and next set the payload.

Many parameters are simutrans experimantal based, you may delete.

Giuseppe

The Hood