News:

Use the "Forum Search"
It may help you to find anything in the forum ;).

contest to translate development part of wiki

Started by Frank, December 23, 2015, 09:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I think it is to organize at the time also something times

Target: the translation of the following pages in as many languages as possible to the end of 2015

pages:
- en_BuildingsDef
- en_FactoryDef
- en_VehicleDef
- en_BackImage
- en_doPak

You can translate or add a link to an existing website.
The source language can I copy them if required.

The price for this is the easy entry into the development of Simutrans.

If you have any questions then just bring them here.

Vladki

I might find time to do czech translation. Just I'd like to know if english version has fresh and accurate info.

Frank

Quote from: Vladki on December 23, 2015, 02:45:39 PM
.... Just I'd like to know if english version has fresh and accurate info.

That's a good question.

I can not answer because I did not follow the development in the past 5 years they. And my English is too bad to me as to-read.

Vladki

I can _read_ German as well, if that version is more up to date. But English would be easier for me.

Leartin

They are not completely up to date.

For example, the buildingsdef lacks the type "dock", which works like a harbour on flat shores, and stations don't need to be defined via level but can have specific cost and maintenance. The factorydef lacks the location "shore", which is very similar to "water". vehicledef lacks "maintanence", which is a monthly cost to be paid even if the vehicle does not move. backimage lacks the inclusion of four seasons in addition to a snowy view.

German isn't better.

Vladki

In that case I would prefer to have accurate and up-to date info in one language, than obsolete info in many languages.

Frank

Due to the fact that the last 5 years no one has taken care of the content is actually all just at the level of version 102.2.2 - 110.x.x

And that relates to the whole wiki.

And due to several people (mainly in Germany, including Leartin) was deter all helped people from the employees.
But that should not be the issue here.

The point here is about translating people for the work in and for the Wiki to animate. Only if many can participate as a wiki that be what it should. Current and complete information supply.

Quote from: Vladki on December 23, 2015, 08:45:21 PM
In that case I would prefer to have accurate and up-to date info in one language, than obsolete info in many languages.

Obsolete is not valid. Just because some things are missing does not mean that would be the existing information useless.

The selected pages provide information with which objects can be created for version 120.xx.

prissi

The most uptodate information is in the japanese Wiki
http://japanese.simutrans.com/index.php?%A5%A2%A5%C9%A5%AA%A5%F3%B3%AB%C8%AF

Even if you cannot read the text, the tables may give you a good idea, what is there.

dock is obsolete, you would rather define it as waytype=water and type=stop

prissi

As Frank pointed to me, there is a good CZ PDF http://www.simutrans.4fan.cz/navody/ which could be a very good base for the CZ wiki part.

Frank

No results = no interest

So I hereby declare the wiki for dead, like so many other sites.

Without Contributors no survival.

Good by