News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

Rainy and dry season ( tropical )

Started by vzrenggamani, January 06, 2016, 08:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vzrenggamani

When Rainy and dry season ( tropical ) Come to simutrans ??
Thanks..

SIMUTRANS INDONESIA WEBSITE  <<< Indonesia Simutrans Addons Center And Web
HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY ENGLISH

Leartin

Simutrans allows for seasons in most objects with varying amounts. For example, buildings support 5 seasons, 4 seasons across the year and a special fifth for snowfall.
These seasons are commonly used as summer, fall, winter and spring, but you don't need to do this. Instead, you can use the first and third season to display a "dry"-image and second and fourth season to display a "wet" image - thus, each year has two wet and two dry seasons, as it would be on the equator. Similarly, you can get one wet and one dry season per year if you instead define two seasons next to each other as the same.

Not every type of object supports seasons. Some, like signals, wayobjects, and the ground don't support any seasonal changes. Some, like ways, only know one season and snowfall. Ground objects, buildings and trees support four seasons + snow, and fields (for factories) support about 90 graphics - although I'm not sure anyone ever made graphics for that.

Since it's already possible to depict tropical seasons as well as calendar seasons, what exactly is the extension you want?

DrSuperGood

Seeing how the most common paksets of 64, 128 and 128 Britain are all Europe inspired it would not make sense for them to support tropical seasons as we do not get tropical seasons here in Europe.

If you have a special pakset for your localized region, which is tropical, then I would recommend talking with the authors of that pakset about supporting tropical seasons. If they have problems implementing it they can then make feature requests here with what they require to make it happen.

Leartin

Quote from: DrSuperGood on January 06, 2016, 05:30:48 PMIf you have a special pakset for your localized region, which is tropical, then I would recommend talking with the authors of that pakset about supporting tropical seasons. If they have problems implementing it they can then make feature requests here with what they require to make it happen.
That would be pak192.sabun, an indonesian derivation of pak192.comic. vzrenggamani is part of the development there, so he is one of those having problems implementing it, and he made a feature request - just not a very descriptive one. The bigger problem is probably understanding what's already possible, since documentation is not easy to find and never talks about tropical seasons.

prissi

Moreover, fields could have up to 15 seasons. Or you could have identical field graphics, but have various fields with them starting at different phases. (And pak64 has tropical buildings, albeit way too few.)

vzrenggamani

So, I ReColour pak192.comic The snowy images to an dry image ??

An_dz

If you don't want snow, either you disallow when creating the map or remove the snow images from the source.

vzrenggamani