News:

Simutrans Forum Archive
A complete record of the old Simutrans Forum.

Tracks replacement project for pak 128

Started by Fabio, February 14, 2009, 03:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Václav

I know about what is called in this picture

but it is problem of game. I tried to eliminate it but it caused else problem (then the first tile by bridge could be only in same direction like bridge) - because when there diagonal or curve, then track is broken).

New version of ... track and covered bridge could be downloaded here:
http://forum.simutrans.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1179.0;attach=6052

This pack includes:
- new version of track (does not lighting at night)
- winter version of track (included into *.pak file of track; automatically built when needed)
- new version of covered bridge (coverage face improved, also now in player's color)
- tunnel for speed 160 km/h
- winter version of tunnel (included into *.pak file of track; automatically built when needed)
- bridge like this

but pillars are connected upon below track instead above (see source picture below) - and max. speed temporarily set on 400 km/h

Very bad coverage of bridge will be replaced after I will find way how to prepare coverage like on this station

in my editor.

-->
But here you can download complete set for speed 160 km/h.

It includes:
- track (you don't need it if you have already downloaded track from link above in this post)
- tunnel (you don't need it if you have already downloaded track from link above in this post)
- electrification (added last weekend)
- suspension bridge
- cable-stayed bridge (new speed set - decreased to 160 km/h)

And here you can download latest version of bridge for speed 400 km/h (this archive includes also both bridges for speed 160 km/h)

Chybami se člověk učí - ale někteří lidé jsou nepoučitelní

Silver

¿how it looks in the game seen from near and far?
R= here this

Near

Far

vilvoh

The second one starting from the bottom looks great!

Escala Real...a blog about Simutrans in Spanish...

Václav

I beg your pardon for this: the second one? The second bridge? But which second bridge? Do you think the second version of covered bridge or do you think suspension bridge? (it is the second one too - counted from the second version of covered bridge). I could do suspension bridge also for roads (but at first I have to find their width) and then this road suspension bridge

would not be in need. Carriage construction of that bridge on end tiles is very imperfect.

But I see I have to improve pillars of suspension bridge to all of them be brown. I am sorry for this bug. I think I know where is origin of this bug.

I had to place pillar of suspension bridge on tiles edge to eliminate bug of road suspension bridge from screenshot - and for this I could not use them in full height of cable-stayed bridge. Then I could place layers used to complete pillars in wrong sequence.

vilvoh

Yes, I was refering to the bridges. More concretly to one of the suspension bridges. See the image.

Václav

Based on wikipedia and structurae.de this type of suspension bridge is called only suspension bridge but the second suspension bridge (between called bridge and the first version of covered bridge) is called cable-stayed bridge.

vilvoh

Anyway, I really like it. Are the sources available at graphics.simutrans.com?

Václav

Yes, source png files of most my deeds are available on graphics.simutrans.com - but some may be without menu icon (because I prepared it separated onto own picture). So you would need to use GIMP or something like it and prepare menu icon.

Search in users' galleries. I have been registered there under same username like here. So it could be easy. There are three subgalleries (albums) - Tratě (Tracks), Tunely (Tunnels) and Mosty (Bridges).

Pictures have description in two languages - my native (Czech, for people who don't understand English) and English. So you could find it easily.

Krisztian

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on April 07, 2009, 11:41:15 AM
I beg your pardon for this: the second one? The second bridge? But which second bridge? Do you think the second version of covered bridge or do you think suspension bridge? (it is the second one too - counted from the second version of covered bridge). I could do suspension bridge also for roads (but at first I have to find their width) and then this road suspension bridge

would not be in need. Carriage construction of that bridge on end tiles is very imperfect.

But I see I have to improve pillars of suspension bridge to all of them be brown. I am sorry for this bug. I think I know where is origin of this bug.

I had to place pillar of suspension bridge on tiles edge to eliminate bug of road suspension bridge from screenshot - and for this I could not use them in full height of cable-stayed bridge. Then I could place layers used to complete pillars in wrong sequence.
available pak files?
By Krisztian

Isaac Eiland-Hall

don't have an exact link, but check out http://japanese.simutrans.com/ - there's a link on that page to go to English index. They have some really nifty stuff there :) (thus the link - because there's more than that that's cool)

Václav

Few days ago I started development of new model of my tracks - now looking more real. Attached picture belongs to track for speed 280 km/h but that model will be used (with recolouring) also on other tracks. Only one thing here will be missing: real curves - diagonal parts will be used also on curves (as it is in pak128.britain). I am sorry for it but for the first time (because I would like to prepare curves but I don't know how long time it will take) it is needed.

gauthier

current 280 km/h track is already very nice, you should add this track to the pak with a new speed. A 350 km/h track for example.

Václav

Of course, that is possible - I agree that track for speed 280km/h is one of the best ones. But why track for speed 350 km/h?

Electrification for speed 400 km/h is object what needs replacement very urgently - because crossings were made wrong.

Václav

Only one electrification I made is very nonperfect upper electrification for speed 160 km/h (you can download it via http://ota.webz.cz/?p=depozit&d=way.train.object by clicking on the first or the third Stáhnout; the first archive contents all basic track objects I made; the third archive contents only set for speed 160 km/h).

And by the way, above called track is still in development.

Junna

The tracks are very nice, but I don't like the crossings. Why are they made in the vein of the original pak128 tracks, which has those terribly confusing crossing points, why not make it like those tracks in pak.britain, in other words straight diagonal crossing pieces rather than the total shift in direction? It looks much better that way, and the trains in practice move in a way closer to it as well.

If not included in default, could there at least be an alternative version with such crossing?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Please note that the original reply has been split and locked. Let's not do it that way again, please. :)

Junna

Quote from: VaclavMacurek on January 25, 2010, 10:49:11 PM
Junna, Isaac: Excuse me please my misdemeanor.

Junna: Would you explain me how would you like to cross tracks without one-level crossings in situations when you cannot build bridge or tunnel with slopes? And by the way, railways of pak128.britain contain crossings too - but curves are replaced by straight lines. So I don't understand your I don't like the crossings. I think you wanted to write I don't like curves.

Yes, the reason I said crossings is because those kinds of bends only appear when on single-tile curves, and those only appear on crossings since I never use sharp bends otherwise, but yes, that is what I meant. Did you get angry because you misinterpreted my post as criticising your art as such or something?

Isaac Eiland-Hall

Whoops. This topic got locked, and the split topic was unlocked. So I split the reply and moved it over here. :)

Václav

Did you get angry because you misinterpreted my post? May it be.

Curves looks good until train goes over them. But then it is very strange. I know it - if it is what you think.

I will not make curved tiles because it will be very difficult within this new graphic - for the first time. But I don't say I will not make it for ever after. May it be I could make also version with curved tiles - but I am not sure.

spm

Any high speed (Over 350km/h) tunnel? Thanks...

vilvoh

Is there such a fast train in pak128 for that tunnel?

Zeno

Yep, Raven's "Thunder" (400) and "Spike" (370) trains are faster than 350 km/h

spm

thx all reply.........still waiting.........
i forget backup before using new computer.......
i have 380km/h tunnel in my old computer

i got it form google!
450km/h and 200km/h!!!!!!!!
Just share for all:
http://minami-fukuoka.simutrans.net/english/addon128/double-track_tunnel.html

mod note: please do not double-post. Edit your last comment instead.
~vilvoh

Václav

But they don't fit on currently available tracks - mostly tunnel for speed 450 km/h. So I cannot do anything else than ask paintmasters for making new tunnels for railways.

Currently available tunnel is for speed 280 km/h - but it does not fit on track for that speed - and also its style is not quite good for that speed. It should be for speed 110 km/h - and for higher speeds are needed new other ones.

In my (very imperfect) add-on has each track own tunnel. May be this is useless statement but I don't know about better one. I have plan to remake all parts of that add-on but no time and (what is more important) ideas.

nitromefan

Well i think it was a dumb idea for trains higher than 280Km/h to be put into the main pak 128 set when there is no tunnels for them. In the main set they should have bridges tunnels for all vehicles in the set of trains and trucks. So could they be added to the 128 set so other people can access them without going through all the addons

Isaac Eiland-Hall

I don't think we need to call anything a "dumb" idea.

We're all volunteers here, I'd like to remind you.

If you're impatient, you may certainly paint yourself a tunnel with a higher speed.

nitromefan

Well sorry about the language but it just doesn't make sense that there is faster trains than tunnels. They should be built up like once there is a tunnel that can take the speed of some trains then add them in then.

Guillaume

There's a tunnel in pak128 for 400 km/h... Just search a little in the other websites.

vilvoh

Quote from: nitromefan on June 30, 2010, 04:04:17 AM
Well sorry about the language but it just doesn't make sense that there is faster trains than tunnels.

Well, if we want to be sensible and a little bit realistic, trains don't travel at top speed through tunnels, even if they are high speed trains like shinkasen, TGV, AVE, ICE, etc... as you must take into account the friction air-train-tunnel, the train looses some traction and therefore speed.

nitromefan

Quote from: Guillaume on June 30, 2010, 07:57:48 AM
There's a tunnel in pak128 for 400 km/h... Just search a little in the other websites.

I know that but i was trying to say that it should be put like that so its more convenient for other people.

I have a 450Km/h tunnel in my set. I got it from a Canadian addons site

mobo

Besides realism and convenience there's also the gameplay issue. Maybe the pak set maintainer wants you to think of alternatives before you build a tunnel. Maybe it's part of the challenge, since the tremendous amount of money a tunnel costs isn't that hard to earn in simutrans, and the time it takes to build a tunnel also isn't implemented in simutrans.

Václav

Quote from: nitromefan on June 30, 2010, 08:59:44 AM
I got it from a Canadian addons site
I would be glad for link to that site.