News:

Simutrans Wiki Manual
The official on-line manual for Simutrans. Read and contribute.

announce server down?

Started by 5045, January 23, 2016, 02:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prissi

Sorry for double post: Has someone with IPv6 support tried http://[2001:41d0:1004:b07::0234] and preferable even edited the host file to
2001:41d0:1004:b07::0234 servers.simutrans.org

I would like to know whether that worked or not!

benjad

1. Tested http in chrome, returns err_connection_refused

2. edited hosts file, and attempted to visit servers.simutrans.org, same message. 

3. With line added to hosts file, the "Network game" dialog responds almost instantly (showing no games online).  With that same hosts line commented out, the "Network game" dialogue lags about 20 seconds on any request.

prissi

Maybe nodejs on the server needed a restart. Try again please ...

EDIT: Ok, the server is still on port 8003. Somehow the IPv6 port forwarding does not work.

EDIT: Finally, the server listens now on port 80 for both IP4 and IPv6

benjad

Success.   Able to reach  servers.simutrans.org  thru ipv6 address.  By adding the hosts line:

[2001:41d0:1004:b07::0234] servers.simutrans.org

Am able to reach the server listing in ST client. 

prissi

Great; I am still wondering how it comes that you can post here since the forum server is an IP4 only nameserver, and moreover, it is the same nameserver which serves the serverlisting ...

DrSuperGood

Great; I am still wondering how it comes that you can post here since the forum server is an IP4 only nameserver, and moreover, it is the same nameserver which serves the serverlisting ...
Chances are he can connect to IPv4 addresses via some means as IPv6 was designed around that for backwards compatibility. Why he could not connect to the server listing server is probably some other reason, such as the gateway IP used for return traffic being blocked.

An IPv6 DNS should return IPv6 addresses (AAAA record) if available, otherwise it should return an IPv4 address (A record) which is used for some sort of interoperability method such as 4in6.

Now is a very good time to make sure that all servers are natively IPv6 reachable, if dual stack is allowed/in use.

AK

I think that annouce server is down at the moment.
servers.simutrans.org respond to ping but website isn't working
There is also no servers in game.

prissi

THanks for noticing, I started the server process.